Multiple keyboards and mice in device manager

I have a Gateway 901 Media Center that came with multiple mice and mice
listed in device manager. This causes the keyboard to type double letters and
I am unable to open files by left clicking the mouse. I can right click to
"open" and then left click. I can also "disable" one of the mice in DM. I can
"uninistall" two of the three keyboards but this is only a temporary
solutionbbecause they are all listed again the next time the computer is
restarted. I tried reinstalling Windows XP with no luck. I then returned the
computer to Gateway and they installed a new hard drive. I received it back
on the 24th with all the same old problems. Any ideas??

Call Gateway support and explain the problem to them.

River Horse wrote:

> I have a Gateway 901 Media Center that came with multiple mice and mice
> listed in device manager. This causes the keyboard to type double letters and
> I am unable to open files by left clicking the mouse. I can right click to
> "open" and then left click. I can also "disable" one of the mice in DM. I can
> "uninistall" two of the three keyboards but this is only a temporary
> solutionbbecause they are all listed again the next time the computer is
> restarted. I tried reinstalling Windows XP with no luck. I then returned the
> computer to Gateway and they installed a new hard drive. I received it back
> on the 24th with all the same old problems. Any ideas??

I've contacted Gateway support at least 15 times in the last three months and
even returned the computer to them to fix. They have been unable to help.
They're telling me to return it again and if it's not fixed to return it a
third time and they will replace it with a new computer. I'm trying to avoid
all this down time and expense.