GA-K8NF-9 Cold Start Problem

Ive just built a new PC and have a problem can anyone point me in the right
direction to get things perfect.
Ive searched the web with google but so far havnt had much luck.

Heres the Specs

CPU - Amd Newcastle 64 bit 3500
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
Hdds - 2x Seagate 200gb Sata
Graphics - Radeon X800XT Pci Express
Memory - 2 Gigs Crucial 400mhz Dual Channel
DVDR - Pioneer 109
PSU - 600 watt Jeantec

When i start my PC first thing in the morning during the post just after the
hdds are recognised i get i long Bleep coming from the speaker that is not
really what i can descibe as a normal bleep.
I have always just turned the pc off when this noise occurs as i am a bit
worried because with the side of the case off i can see that the cpu fan
slowing down as if the actual power has been cut.
This may happen once or twice but then the pc will start normally with no
problems at all.
All restarts and reboots after the first of the day are normal with no probs
at all.
i have had the pc running for many hours both in 2D and 3D with no problems
at all.
I wonder if the problem is caused by some sort of power fade as the actual
noise coming from the speaker doesnt sound like a normal long bleep.
I have tried 2 psu's now so i dont think it is that..

"RaM" <RaM@here.com> wrote in message
> Ive just built a new PC and have a problem can anyone point me in the
> right direction to get things perfect.
> Ive searched the web with google but so far havnt had much luck.
>
> Heres the Specs
>
> CPU - Amd Newcastle 64 bit 3500
> Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
> Hdds - 2x Seagate 200gb Sata
> Graphics - Radeon X800XT Pci Express
> Memory - 2 Gigs Crucial 400mhz Dual Channel
> DVDR - Pioneer 109
> PSU - 600 watt Jeantec
>
> When i start my PC first thing in the morning during the post just after
> the hdds are recognised i get i long Bleep coming from the speaker that is
> not really what i can descibe as a normal bleep.
> I have always just turned the pc off when this noise occurs as i am a bit
> worried because with the side of the case off i can see that the cpu fan
> slowing down as if the actual power has been cut.
> This may happen once or twice but then the pc will start normally with no
> problems at all.
> All restarts and reboots after the first of the day are normal with no
> probs at all.
> i have had the pc running for many hours both in 2D and 3D with no
> problems at all.
> I wonder if the problem is caused by some sort of power fade as the actual
> noise coming from the speaker doesnt sound like a normal long bleep.
> I have tried 2 psu's now so i dont think it is that..

You've duplicated Matts problem, posted on the 20/2/05, read my answer to
him for the fix.

Many RM that has sorted my prob out....:O)

"RM" <RM@hotter.com> wrote in message
> "RaM" <RaM@here.com> wrote in message
>> Ive just built a new PC and have a problem can anyone point me in the
>> right direction to get things perfect.
>> Ive searched the web with google but so far havnt had much luck.
>>
>> Heres the Specs
>>
>> CPU - Amd Newcastle 64 bit 3500
>> Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
>> Hdds - 2x Seagate 200gb Sata
>> Graphics - Radeon X800XT Pci Express
>> Memory - 2 Gigs Crucial 400mhz Dual Channel
>> DVDR - Pioneer 109
>> PSU - 600 watt Jeantec
>>
>> When i start my PC first thing in the morning during the post just after
>> the hdds are recognised i get i long Bleep coming from the speaker that
>> is not really what i can descibe as a normal bleep.
>> I have always just turned the pc off when this noise occurs as i am a bit
>> worried because with the side of the case off i can see that the cpu fan
>> slowing down as if the actual power has been cut.
>> This may happen once or twice but then the pc will start normally with no
>> problems at all.
>> All restarts and reboots after the first of the day are normal with no
>> probs at all.
>> i have had the pc running for many hours both in 2D and 3D with no
>> problems at all.
>> I wonder if the problem is caused by some sort of power fade as the
>> actual noise coming from the speaker doesnt sound like a normal long
>> bleep.
>> I have tried 2 psu's now so i dont think it is that..
>>

> You've duplicated Matts problem, posted on the 20/2/05, read my answer to
> him for the fix.

"RaM" <RaM@here.com> wrote in message
> Ive just built a new PC and have a problem can anyone point me in the
> right direction to get things perfect.
> Ive searched the web with google but so far havnt had much luck.
>
> Heres the Specs
>
> CPU - Amd Newcastle 64 bit 3500
> Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
> Hdds - 2x Seagate 200gb Sata
> Graphics - Radeon X800XT Pci Express
> Memory - 2 Gigs Crucial 400mhz Dual Channel
> DVDR - Pioneer 109
> PSU - 600 watt Jeantec

You've got a really shite power supply to start with. I suggest an OCZ ot
Antec.