Loss of Internet connection due to new graphics card insta..

I recently purchased a new PC with an on board 32MB graphics card and wanted
to install the NVidia GeForce 2 card from my old PC but when i do lose
connection permedently, however the card works fine from what i can tell, so
i called the technical support for my ISP and they figured it is a problem
that has something to due with connection levels and it requires a service
call to fix. But when i remove the GeForce 2 card and plug the monintor back
into the on board card i regain a consistant connection. Any advice-on how to
get the new card running and keep my connection going at the same time- is
most apprecaited.
--
JeFF

Try disabling the onboard video in the bios settings.

"Draconian Devil" <DraconianDevil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AA109D2A-9619-41A6-BB2F-4D1123914C9B@microsoft.com...
>I recently purchased a new PC with an on board 32MB graphics card and
>wanted
> to install the NVidia GeForce 2 card from my old PC but when i do lose
> connection permedently, however the card works fine from what i can tell,
> so
> i called the technical support for my ISP and they figured it is a problem
> that has something to due with connection levels and it requires a service
> call to fix. But when i remove the GeForce 2 card and plug the monintor
> back
> into the on board card i regain a consistant connection. Any advice-on how
> get the new card running and keep my connection going at the same time- is
> most apprecaited.
> --
> JeFF

Hate to sound like a novice but u think u could give me more specific
instruction on how do disable the bios correctly?
P.S. Thanks very much for your reply

"RonK" wrote:

> Try disabling the onboard video in the bios settings.
>
> "Draconian Devil" <DraconianDevil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:AA109D2A-9619-41A6-BB2F-4D1123914C9B@microsoft.com...
> >I recently purchased a new PC with an on board 32MB graphics card and
> >wanted
> > to install the NVidia GeForce 2 card from my old PC but when i do lose
> > connection permedently, however the card works fine from what i can tell,
> > so
> > i called the technical support for my ISP and they figured it is a problem
> > that has something to due with connection levels and it requires a service
> > call to fix. But when i remove the GeForce 2 card and plug the monintor
> > back
> > into the on board card i regain a consistant connection. Any advice-on how
> > get the new card running and keep my connection going at the same time- is
> > most apprecaited.
> > --
> > JeFF

We can not help you with the method of turning off the onboard video card in
your BIOS. You would need to tel us the model of the motherbaord in order
for us to locate this info or check in the PC's manual.

"Draconian Devil" <DraconianDevil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FE970087-1956-49AC-9B45-293CA0DD0C27@microsoft.com...
> Hate to sound like a novice but u think u could give me more specific
> instruction on how do disable the bios correctly?
> P.S. Thanks very much for your reply
>
> "RonK" wrote:
>
>> Try disabling the onboard video in the bios settings.
>>
>> "Draconian Devil" <DraconianDevil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:AA109D2A-9619-41A6-BB2F-4D1123914C9B@microsoft.com...
>> >I recently purchased a new PC with an on board 32MB graphics card and
>> >wanted
>> > to install the NVidia GeForce 2 card from my old PC but when i do lose
>> > connection permedently, however the card works fine from what i can
>> > tell,
>> > so
>> > i called the technical support for my ISP and they figured it is a
>> > problem
>> > that has something to due with connection levels and it requires a
>> > service
>> > call to fix. But when i remove the GeForce 2 card and plug the monintor
>> > back
>> > into the on board card i regain a consistant connection. Any advice-on
>> > how
>> > get the new card running and keep my connection going at the same time-
>> > is
>> > most apprecaited.
>> > --
>> > JeFF

What method are you using to connect to the "internet"? On many
motherboards the PCI interupt in the slot next to the AGP slot is shared
with the AGP card. If you have a bus hogging Video card it can cause
issues with the shared slot. So if the NIC or modem is next to the AGP
slot try relocating it.