GA7VTXE1-F Keeps rebooting - Firewire Card Problem!

Jim

My Mobo keeps rebooting on Shutdown. When I remove the Firewire Card it
shuts down normally. I have changed the Card but is still the same.
I have updated the VIA Chipset drivers.
Any ideas?
Jim

Ian

"Jim" <jim@internet.com> wrote in message
> My Mobo keeps rebooting on Shutdown. When I remove the Firewire Card it
> shuts down normally. I have changed the Card but is still the same.
> I have updated the VIA Chipset drivers.
> Any ideas?
> Jim

If memory serves, your mobo has an on-board Firewire controller too. If
that's the case, disable it in BIOS.

Ian

Sorry, my reply was wrong as your board has no on-board IEE1394.

Do you have the latest driver for the firewire card?

Have you tried it in a different slot?

Jim

Hello Ian
Yes, tried that. As it happens the device that used the firewire connection
has been sold! Thank goodness
Thanks for your advice.
Jim

"Ian" <ian@iano.net> wrote in message
> Sorry, my reply was wrong as your board has no on-board IEE1394.
>
> Do you have the latest driver for the firewire card?
>
> Have you tried it in a different slot?

TRENDING THREADS