GA-7N400 PRO2 users, how much RAM do YOU have?

And in what configuration?

The manual claims 3 gig max, then it shows each slot allowing 512meg sticks.
4 slots, 4- 512meg sticks equals 2 gig.
Currently I have 2- 512 sticks & would love to add another 2 sticks. I have
trouble believing that both the other 2 slots can be used.

Anyone using all 4 slots? How much RAM ya got packed on your GA-7N400 PRO2?

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
> And in what configuration?
>
> The manual claims 3 gig max, then it shows each slot allowing 512meg
> sticks. 4 slots, 4- 512meg sticks equals 2 gig.
> Currently I have 2- 512 sticks & would love to add another 2 sticks. I
> have trouble believing that both the other 2 slots can be used.
>
> Anyone using all 4 slots? How much RAM ya got packed on your GA-7N400
> PRO2?

Using 1G in dual channel ( 2X512's)

The book also calls for SS ( single sided ) units in DIMM 3 and 4. I looked
about a year ago
and didn't find any interesting SS units.
Henny

> Using 1G in dual channel ( 2X512's)
>
> The book also calls for SS ( single sided ) units in DIMM 3 and 4. I
> looked about a year ago
> and didn't find any interesting SS units.
> Henny

Same here

I have 3 512k sticks in slots 1,2,3 all double sided - works fine and in
dual channel mode. Add a 4th stick and the M/B only recognises the first
1mb
"henny" <henrygiii@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
>> And in what configuration?
>>
>> The manual claims 3 gig max, then it shows each slot allowing 512meg
>> sticks. 4 slots, 4- 512meg sticks equals 2 gig.
>> Currently I have 2- 512 sticks & would love to add another 2 sticks. I
>> have trouble believing that both the other 2 slots can be used.
>>
>> Anyone using all 4 slots? How much RAM ya got packed on your GA-7N400
>> PRO2?
>>

> Using 1G in dual channel ( 2X512's)
>
> The book also calls for SS ( single sided ) units in DIMM 3 and 4. I
> looked about a year ago
> and didn't find any interesting SS units.
> Henny

Using three sticks of PC 3200/400. 2 corsair & 1 kingston. The kingston is
2.6V and the Corsair is 2.5v. I raised by 0.1v and it works fine so far.
Corsair is in slots 1&3, Kingston is in slot 2. Dual channel is enabled. All
is DS
Rudy

"Rudy Kazuti" <rudykube@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Using three sticks of PC 3200/400. 2 corsair & 1 kingston. The kingston is
> 2.6V and the Corsair is 2.5v. I raised by 0.1v and it works fine so far.
> Corsair is in slots 1&3, Kingston is in slot 2. Dual channel is enabled.
> All
> is DS
> Rudy
> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
>> And in what configuration?

Thanks everyone who responded. I currently have 2-512 Mushkin Level II
sticks in slot 1 & 3.
Anyone think it is possible to add 1-1024 stick in slot 2? Will it still
run in dual channel?
Currently my memory timings are very aggressive, I am sure I would have to
back them off.

read the manual IT SUPPORTS only as i recall
1 gig sticks in ddr333 or under
ddr400
dimm3/4 single sided OR dimm3(dimm4 unused) 1 dual sided
so dimm1=512mb ddr400 + dimm2=512mb ddr400 + dimm3=512mb(or dimm3=
256mb SS dimm4= 256mb SS) ddr400 = ~ 1536mb ddr400

have seen reports of the board hitting 300mhz systembus

in sort slots1-3 512mb each ddr400+/pc3200+ or 1.5gb
OR
ddr333 or under = 3gb