Mouse not powering off

Hi,

Got an optical mouse for chrissy and connected it to the PS2 port.

When the computer powers down it still leaves power to the mouse, and the
laser remains on, all other devices power down OK. Why? Is there a
soluition?

Thanks in advance

You probably have the mouse to wake the computer up in the Power Management
features for the mouse. Now how can the mouse wake the computer up if the
mouse is powered down as well?

--
William

"MM beginner" <MMbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Got an optical mouse for chrissy and connected it to the PS2 port.
>
> When the computer powers down it still leaves power to the mouse, and the
> laser remains on, all other devices power down OK. Why? Is there a
> soluition?
>
> Thanks in advance

br549

"MM beginner" <MMbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

Got an optical mouse for chrissy and connected it to the PS2 port.

When the computer powers down it still leaves power to the mouse, and the
laser remains on, all other devices power down OK. Why? Is there a
soluition?

For starters, it's not a laser, it's an led and mine has been on for 5 years
now. If there is a solution it would probably be found in the power options
of your motherboards bios.

Check your documentation but be aware that nearly all laser mice stay
"on" with an indicator for the laser. They draw less power but remain on
for all practical purposes. Not sure why, but they do.

Fred

WTC wrote:
> You probably have the mouse to wake the computer up in the Power Management
> features for the mouse. Now how can the mouse wake the computer up if the
> mouse is powered down as well?

I have no LED Red light on the mouse when my Computer goes into Standby mode
and my mouse will not wake the computer out of Standby. If i want the mouse
to wake up the Computer, the light will remain on.

--
William

"Fred S" <"Fred S"@anonymous.com> wrote in message
> Check your documentation but be aware that nearly all laser mice stay "on"
> with an indicator for the laser. They draw less power but remain on for
> all practical purposes. Not sure why, but they do.
>
> Fred
>

> WTC wrote:
>> You probably have the mouse to wake the computer up in the Power
>> Management features for the mouse. Now how can the mouse wake the
>> computer up if the mouse is powered down as well?

"MM beginner" <MMbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Got an optical mouse for chrissy and connected it to the
> PS2 port.
> When the computer powers down it still leaves power to the
> mouse, and the
> laser remains on, all other devices power down OK. Why?
> Is there a
> soluition?

Is the mouse powered by batteries by any chance? (But if
it's connected to a PS2 port, why would it have batteries??)

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

Only wireless mice have batteries.

Are you powering off the PC or going into Hibernation/Stand-By mode?

"Opinicus" <gezgin@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> "MM beginner" <MMbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>> Got an optical mouse for chrissy and connected it to the PS2 port.
>> When the computer powers down it still leaves power to the mouse, and the
>> laser remains on, all other devices power down OK. Why? Is there a
>> soluition?
>
> Is the mouse powered by batteries by any chance? (But if it's connected to
> a PS2 port, why would it have batteries??)
>
> --
> Bob
> Kanyak's Doghouse
> http://www.kanyak.com

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"MM beginner" <MMbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Got an optical mouse for chrissy and connected it to the PS2 port.
>
> When the computer powers down it still leaves power to the mouse, and the
> laser remains on, all other devices power down OK. Why? Is there a
> soluition?
>
> Thanks in advance

It will go off when you _completely_ disconnect power.

TRENDING THREADS