Compaq Presario 2500 Series - Screen Problem

I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in the
bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know how
to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
resolution does not decrease the display area.

--
HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

jel183(UK)
7 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 2500 series screen problem

    What does Compaq tech support suggest?

    jel183(UK) wrote:

    > I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in the
    > bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
    > want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
    > remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know how
    > to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
    > resolution does not decrease the display area.

    Its a Bank Holiday here in the UK - they are 'closed' !!

    --

    > What does Compaq tech support suggest?
    >
    > jel183(UK) wrote:
    >
    >> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in
    >> the
    >> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
    >> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
    >> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know
    >> how
    >> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
    >> resolution does not decrease the display area.

    One cannot adjust the physical display size within the boundaries of the
    display on an LCD screen as is possible on a CRT.

    You may find that by changing resolution that your problem is overcome,
    however you have a hardware fault, so if the Laptop is within warranty GO AND
    GET IT REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE.

    "jel183(UK)" wrote:

    > Its a Bank Holiday here in the UK - they are 'closed' !!
    >
    > --
    > HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only
    >
    > jel183(UK)
    >
    > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > What does Compaq tech support suggest?
    > >
    > > jel183(UK) wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in
    > >> the
    > >> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
    > >> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
    > >> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know
    > >> how
    > >> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
    > >> resolution does not decrease the display area.

    Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to to buy a new
    laptop.....:-(
    --
    HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

    jel183(UK)

    > What does Compaq tech support suggest?
    >
    > jel183(UK) wrote:
    >
    >> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in
    >> the
    >> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
    >> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
    >> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know
    >> how
    >> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
    >> resolution does not decrease the display area.

    Buy a Dell, LCDs will have same problem, but Dell is nicer
    to work with and the product is better. Dell also supplies
    a full set of CDs.

    "jel183(UK)" <nospam@myhome.com> wrote in message
    | Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to
    to buy a new
    | laptop.....:-(
    | --
    | HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup
    Only

    | jel183(UK)
    |

    | "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | > What does Compaq tech support suggest?
    | >
    | > jel183(UK) wrote:
    | >
    | >> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which
    has appeared in
    | >> the
    | >> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel
    problem. What I
    | >> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by
    about 3mm to try and
    | >> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor
    but I don't know
    | >> how
    | >> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas?
    Reducing the screen
    | >> resolution does not decrease the display area.

    The other option is to put duct tape over the area so you don't see it.

    jel183(UK) wrote:

    > Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to to buy a new
    > laptop.....:-(

    Can't afford a new machine so I am going to have to live with it....thanks
    anyway

    --

    > The other option is to put duct tape over the area so you don't see it.
    >
    > jel183(UK) wrote:
    >
    >> Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to to buy a new
    >> laptop.....:-(

Windows XP