Compaq Presario 2500 Series - Screen Problem

I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in the
bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know how
to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
resolution does not decrease the display area.

--
HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

jel183(UK)

What does Compaq tech support suggest?

jel183(UK) wrote:

> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in the
> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know how
> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
> resolution does not decrease the display area.

Its a Bank Holiday here in the UK - they are 'closed' !!

--

> What does Compaq tech support suggest?
>
> jel183(UK) wrote:
>
>> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in
>> the
>> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
>> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
>> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know
>> how
>> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
>> resolution does not decrease the display area.

bar

One cannot adjust the physical display size within the boundaries of the
display on an LCD screen as is possible on a CRT.

You may find that by changing resolution that your problem is overcome,
however you have a hardware fault, so if the Laptop is within warranty GO AND
GET IT REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE.

"jel183(UK)" wrote:

> Its a Bank Holiday here in the UK - they are 'closed' !!
>
> --
> HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only
>
> jel183(UK)
>
> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What does Compaq tech support suggest?
> >
> > jel183(UK) wrote:
> >
> >> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in
> >> the
> >> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
> >> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
> >> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know
> >> how
> >> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
> >> resolution does not decrease the display area.

Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to to buy a new
laptop.....:-(
--
HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

jel183(UK)

> What does Compaq tech support suggest?
>
> jel183(UK) wrote:
>
>> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which has appeared in
>> the
>> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel problem. What I
>> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by about 3mm to try and
>> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor but I don't know
>> how
>> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas? Reducing the screen
>> resolution does not decrease the display area.

Buy a Dell, LCDs will have same problem, but Dell is nicer
to work with and the product is better. Dell also supplies
a full set of CDs.

"jel183(UK)" <nospam@myhome.com> wrote in message
| Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to
to buy a new
| laptop.....:-(
| --
| HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup
Only

| jel183(UK)
|

| "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > What does Compaq tech support suggest?
| >
| > jel183(UK) wrote:
| >
| >> I have what I can only describe a small 'shadow' which
has appeared in
| >> the
| >> bottom corner of my screen. I don't believe its a pixel
problem. What I
| >> want to do is reduce the size of the display area by
about 3mm to try and
| >> remove the 'shadow' - it is easily done on CRT monitor
but I don't know
| >> how
| >> to do it on a laptop screen - anyone any ideas?
Reducing the screen
| >> resolution does not decrease the display area.

The other option is to put duct tape over the area so you don't see it.

jel183(UK) wrote:

> Compaq/HP tech support said nothing could be done and to to buy a new
> laptop.....:-(

Can't afford a new machine so I am going to have to live with it....thanks
anyway