Hi, is anyone here running this board with three cd devices? I want to use
my cdrom, cdrw and my dvdrw but am not sure how to set these up. At the
moment I have my Harddrive in IDE1(set as master), then my dvdrw in IDE2(set
as master) with my cdrw daisy chained from that as the slave. Then my normal
cdrom in IDE3 (set as master?). But the system will not recognise my third
cd device. I didnt get any manuals with the board so I just presume I have
them set up wrong.
Can anyone tell me the correct way to set all these drive up?
Thanks

"neil smith" <nsmith79@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi, is anyone here running this board with three cd devices? I want to use
> my cdrom, cdrw and my dvdrw but am not sure how to set these up. At the
> moment I have my Harddrive in IDE1(set as master), then my dvdrw in
> IDE2(set
> as master) with my cdrw daisy chained from that as the slave. Then my
> normal
> cdrom in IDE3 (set as master?). But the system will not recognise my third
> cd device. I didnt get any manuals with the board so I just presume I have
> them set up wrong.
> Can anyone tell me the correct way to set all these drive up?
> Thanks

Trying to run this board without the free,downloadable maunal is not a good
idea.
You will also need the free,downloadable GigaRAID Function users manual.
IDE3 is a GigaRAID connector.
Henny

neil smith wrote:

>as master) with my cdrw daisy chained from that as the slave. Then my normal
>cdrom in IDE3 (set as master?). But the system will not recognise my third
>cd device.

IDE3 is one of the raidchannels, it connot be used with other devices
then harddisks. You have to connect your cdrom to IDE1 as slave.

--

bye
Heiko

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 09:56:50 +0100, Heiko Polig <hpolig@gmx.de> wrote:

>neil smith wrote:
>
>>as master) with my cdrw daisy chained from that as the slave. Then my normal
>>cdrom in IDE3 (set as master?). But the system will not recognise my third
>>cd device.
>
>IDE3 is one of the raidchannels, it connot be used with other devices
>then harddisks. You have to connect your cdrom to IDE1 as slave.

Actually, I *WAS ABLE* to get my two optical drives to work on IDE3
and/or 4 EXCEPT for the fact that I could not BOOT BOOTABLE CDs from
them when installed there. Other than that they worked fine.

However, I do agree with you - there is 'no guarantee' that they will
work there (in fact; the rule is to AVOID if at all possible) and he
should IMO install them as you advised.