Sound card problems

LeeG

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

I recently posted a question concerning my Cmedia 5.1 sound card stating that
I could not record using my line in. I have since found out that the problem
is that the sound card software thinks that I have only 3 inputs/outputs when
set it to 6 speakers. If I change the setup to 2 speakers I regain my line
in. The speaker setup using the windows sound options is still set to 5.1
surround speakers though. Can anyone tell me if this is a Cmedia fault or is
a more common thing to happen?

Thanks in advance.

Cmedia drivers, Windows itself doesn't really care how many speakers
there are.