Sound card problems

I recently posted a question concerning my Cmedia 5.1 sound card stating that
I could not record using my line in. I have since found out that the problem
is that the sound card software thinks that I have only 3 inputs/outputs when
set it to 6 speakers. If I change the setup to 2 speakers I regain my line
in. The speaker setup using the windows sound options is still set to 5.1
surround speakers though. Can anyone tell me if this is a Cmedia fault or is
a more common thing to happen?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about sound card problems

    Cmedia drivers, Windows itself doesn't really care how many speakers
    there are.

    LeeG wrote:

    > I recently posted a question concerning my Cmedia 5.1 sound card stating that
    > I could not record using my line in. I have since found out that the problem
    > is that the sound card software thinks that I have only 3 inputs/outputs when
    > set it to 6 speakers. If I change the setup to 2 speakers I regain my line
    > in. The speaker setup using the windows sound options is still set to 5.1
    > surround speakers though. Can anyone tell me if this is a Cmedia fault or is
    > a more common thing to happen?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Speakers Sound Cards Windows XP