Best online store to buy Hard Drives?

What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?

Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in store
only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap a
interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.

any tips appreciated
thanks

I like www.mwave.com or www.newegg.com

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What is the best online store price wise to buy Harddrives?
>
> Im looking for a Seagatge 300Gb external, (Compusa had them for 199 in
store
> only but sold out..it has a rebate with it) and also looking for a cheap a
> interal 40-80 gb but on the faster side.
>
> any tips appreciated
> thanks

Hi,

Take a look around http://pricewatch.com Right now the Seagate drive you
want can be had for $191 there. You might actually be better off with a
250gb though as they're going for $115. You won't have the bragging
rights, but by the time you fill a 250 you'll be too tired to think anyway.
--

---==X={}=X==---

Jim Self
AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
http://avanimation.avsupport.com

Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm

Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
Technical Counselor

thats a good point. HOw did you find that 300 drive. I was not able to
sort or search very easily and they didnt even show 300gb cateory. Where
is the 250 you mention? Your right, it would be better. But this is a USB
or Firewire external also.

thanks again!

"PA20Pilot" <PA20Pilot@faa.gov> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Take a look around http://pricewatch.com Right now the Seagate drive you
> want can be had for $191 there. You might actually be better off with a
> 250gb though as they're going for $115. You won't have the bragging
> rights, but by the time you fill a 250 you'll be too tired to think
> anyway.
> --
>
> ---==X={}=X==---
>

> Jim Self
> AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
> http://avanimation.avsupport.com
>
> Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
> http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm
>
> Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
> Technical Counselor

Select harddrives and then plug 300GB into the search box.

jtsnow wrote:

> thats a good point. HOw did you find that 300 drive. I was not able to
> sort or search very easily and they didnt even show 300gb cateory. Where
> is the 250 you mention? Your right, it would be better. But this is a USB
> or Firewire external also.
>
> thanks again!
>
> "PA20Pilot" <PA20Pilot@faa.gov> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Take a look around http://pricewatch.com Right now the Seagate drive you
>>want can be had for $191 there. You might actually be better off with a
>>250gb though as they're going for $115. You won't have the bragging
>>rights, but by the time you fill a 250 you'll be too tired to think
>>anyway.
>>--
>>
>>---==X={}=X==---
>>

>>Jim Self
>>AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
>>http://avanimation.avsupport.com
>>
>>Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
>>http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm
>>
>>Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
>>Technical Counselor

Best Buy is advertising the Seagate 300 GB HD (retail box) this week for
$149.99 ($219.99 less two mail-in rebates totaling $70). Don't know if you
can order one online from BB.
Art