Floppy A: Drive

I have a GA-SINXP1394 and all of the sudden my A: drive starts to run in
overdrive (really fast). The activity light is on. It runs this way for
about 20 seconds or so and then stops. This activity occurs quite often. The
A: drive is only about 4 months old and has worked properly since I
installed it. I am able to use it normally to copy files, etc. I just
wondered what has caused it to act like this all of the sudden. Thanks

Ian

"Hans Wankle" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> I have a GA-SINXP1394 and all of the sudden my A: drive starts to run in
> overdrive (really fast). The activity light is on. It runs this way for
> about 20 seconds or so and then stops. This activity occurs quite often.
The
> A: drive is only about 4 months old and has worked properly since I
> installed it. I am able to use it normally to copy files, etc. I just
> wondered what has caused it to act like this all of the sudden. Thanks

This does seem to occur now and then. I suggest you clear the contents of
the "recent" folder (in your profile).
Also, the following link may help:
http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=31458

I finally solved the problem. I have not had it happen at all after I used a
registry cleaner program. I had tons of registry errors (650) and it cleaned
them all. My problem went away and the system seems to be quicker now. It
made a believer out of me. Thanks for your response.