K8NS Pro SATA problem

i have a K8NS Pro and just got a SATA drive (120GB) when i plug the drive
in my current windows wont load, as in it wont even commence loading

there is 4 sata connections

SATA0_SB
SATA1_SB
SATA0_II
SATA1_II

if i plug the drive into SATA0_II OR SATA1_II it will detect and i can
install windows on it. (with no other drives present)
But if i commect the drive to SATA0_SB OR SATA1_SB it wont detect at all -
any idea why ??
could the motherboard be faulty ??
i have checked the bios settigns and ONBOARD SATA is enabled and SERIAL ATA
FUNCTION is set to base

and ideas would be great

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about k8ns sata problem

    chris wrote:
    > i have a K8NS Pro and just got a SATA drive (120GB) when i plug the drive
    > in my current windows wont load, as in it wont even commence loading
    >

    > there is 4 sata connections
    >
    > SATA0_SB
    > SATA1_SB
    > SATA0_II
    > SATA1_II
    >
    > if i plug the drive into SATA0_II OR SATA1_II it will detect and i can
    > install windows on it. (with no other drives present)
    > But if i commect the drive to SATA0_SB OR SATA1_SB it wont detect at all -
    > any idea why ??
    > could the motherboard be faulty ??
    > i have checked the bios settigns and ONBOARD SATA is enabled and SERIAL ATA
    > FUNCTION is set to base
    >
    > and ideas would be great
    >
    > thanks

    The bios is kind of backwards on the GB - the onboard sata acutally
    refers to the SATA0_II and SATA1_II you talk about. This is the add in
    SATA. The SATA0 and SATA1 are the Nvidia sata connections, I beleive
    they are actually set up in the IDE section of the bios (I had this MOBO
    but not any more so I am trying to remember).

Gigabyte SATA Motherboards