GA-7N400 PRO2 and AMD XP Mobile CPU

wombat

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi.

Has anyone used a mobile CPU with this board and if so, was there any
problems?
I want to upgrade my old Palomino cpu as it runs too hot and too slow.

wombat wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Has anyone used a mobile CPU with this board and if so, was there any
> problems?
> I want to upgrade my old Palomino cpu as it runs too hot and too slow.

I'm running an XP-mobile 2600 (2 ghz stock) aT 12.5 X 200=2.5 ghz with
no problems on the same board.

check this link and read the reviews:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-436&depa=0

wombat

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

What do you use for cooling and roughly what temp does it run at?

"Steve Ball" <groucho111@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> wombat wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Has anyone used a mobile CPU with this board and if so, was there any
>> problems?
>> I want to upgrade my old Palomino cpu as it runs too hot and too slow.
>>

> I'm running an XP-mobile 2600 (2 ghz stock) aT 12.5 X 200=2.5 ghz with no
> problems on the same board.
>
> check this link and read the reviews:
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-436&depa=0

what voltages do you use and and modd bios?? and temps