Jonathan

Everytime I try to burn a CD I get a SCSI error. I know I am up to date with
all my drivers for it including ASPI. Is there anything I can do to fix this
error?

"Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
> Everytime I try to burn a CD I get a SCSI error. I know I am up to date with
> all my drivers for it including ASPI. Is there anything I can do to fix this
> error?

When it kept happening to me I eventually found a loose connection in the power
cable.

Check cables?

If still occurs, then maybe your drive is dieing.

"Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I try to burn a CD I get a SCSI error. I know I am up to date
> with
> all my drivers for it including ASPI. Is there anything I can do to fix
> this
> error?

Jonathan

I've checked my cables; everything has sufficiant power as far as I can see.
I just purchased a brand new DVD-RW drive and still the same problem. I've
switched it from master to slave. Nothing seems to be working.

"Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
> I've checked my cables; everything has sufficiant power as far as I can see.
> I just purchased a brand new DVD-RW drive and still the same problem. I've
> switched it from master to slave. Nothing seems to be working.

There is no "Master" or "Slave" in a SCSI system. There is a SCSI ID, and
possibly a LUN (but not on any PC-based equipment I've used.

Ensure all your SCSI equipment has unique IDs, and make sure the cable is
terminated at both ends. Most Adaptec SCSI adapters automatically terminate the
card end, but you need a terminator at the other end of the cable.

Jonathan

I figured out my problem. I had two CD/DVD writing capable drives on one IDE
cable. Apparently it was causing a communication error or something.

If you`re using an old CD-rom ( scsi cd-rom / rw ) then please change
it. ( www.develz.ro )

Jonathan

How would I go about doing that?