GA-7N400 Pro2 CMOS to OS hangs on "verifying DMI pool"

Hi all:

How in the world do I get the CMOS to let go ??
Just replaced an old Abit KD7 with a new GA-7N400 Pro2
Had some "wiring" issues but got things running
The CMOS will not release to the Windows 2000 Pro OS on HD 0.
It hangs on "Verifying DMI pool ...
There are 2 HDs, both cable select but only one has the OS
I've tried to use only the HD with the OS, but I get the same results.
Checked BIOS and everything reads ok
However, CMOS says that the S.M.A.R.T is disabled (mean anything?)

TIA
I'm baffled ...

soulds like memory timing issue, did you put your old memeory in the
board? Try setting bios to safe settings and work your way back up to
faster memory settings later.