Insignia Digital Audio Player Doesnt' Work

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Insignia 256 MB DAP Model IN-MP3256. I mistakenly ran the CD included only to
find out that it was only needed for W98SE. I have XP but it seems running
the CD messed up the drivers. I tried going back (restore) and deleting the
driver and restart to let XP load up again but no luck. I now get "new
hardware not recognized) message. The Vendor support (Best Buy) could only
offer that maybe SP2 was causing the problem and that by running the CD
software for W98SE, it problably messed up the original XP drivers (the
player is supposed to be supported by XP as a USB plug in). Is there a way to
reload original XP drivers that would have supported this device?
--
Ken Baker

Finally. Someone with the same problem. I did the same thing. I tried
the Insignia MP3 plaer on several other computers, with 2000, xp, xp
pro, sp1 ,sp2 they all worked. I had xp home, reformatted my computer &
installed xp pro, Still comes up ungnown device.

All other usb devices work fine.

Can't find anybody to help.

Jim Harris

--
Jim Harris
Jim Harris's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=7172

I had the same problem with my PC, it is an HP and it is a problem with
the hardware. I have access to another one and it has the same
problems. It has to do with XP SP2. I rebuilt my PC from gound up and
the device worked with XP Pro base install and SP1, but SP2 messes it up
everytime. I have talked with HP and Microsoft and basically you have
to follow all these steps to upgrade to SP2 which I tried and same
result. I have not found an answer yet.

--
ecugradx2
ecugradx2's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=9367