hacked an Imperial Golden Tee trackball to a ps/2 PCB

So I have this set up, and working on the proper axes in windows, when I
played around with the cursor. I go into MAME, and I can't seem to set
the X or Y movement in the settings. I tried to highlite "track x
analog" as well as "track x dec" and "inc", and then move the ball in
the appropriate direction. Do I need an optipac to make this work? This
is probably a stupid question, but I thought I'd fire it off anyways.
Flame away.. -JC
4 answers Last reply
More about hacked imperial golden trackball

    what mame client are you using?

    In mame32 there is an option in the settings to turn on mouse input, make
    sure that it is checked.

    outcast_p wrote:
    > what mame client are you using?
    >
    > In mame32 there is an option in the settings to turn on mouse input, make
    > sure that it is checked.
    >

    > "J-Rod" <J-Rod@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>So I have this set up, and working on the proper axes in windows, when I
    >>played around with the cursor. I go into MAME, and I can't seem to set
    >>the X or Y movement in the settings. I tried to highlite "track x
    >>analog" as well as "track x dec" and "inc", and then move the ball in
    >>the appropriate direction. Do I need an optipac to make this work? This
    >>is probably a stupid question, but I thought I'd fire it off anyways.
    >>Flame away.. -JC

    I am running the command line version of mame and mamewah FE. I'll look
    though in the options for something about turning on mouse input.

    Well you seem to have gotten me in the right direction, at least. I
    found the .ini file in mamewah that controls wether the mouse is enabled
    or not, that seems to have at least woken it up. I can scroll through
    the games menu using the ball now. Still when I go to a game there's no
    response from either my mouse or my trackball, and have the same problem
    trying to set it in the game options as previously mentioned.

    J-Rod wrote:
    > outcast_p wrote:
    >
    >> what mame client are you using?
    >>
    >> In mame32 there is an option in the settings to turn on mouse input, make
    >> sure that it is checked.
    >>

    >> "J-Rod" <J-Rod@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> So I have this set up, and working on the proper axes in windows, when I
    >>> played around with the cursor. I go into MAME, and I can't seem to set
    >>> the X or Y movement in the settings. I tried to highlite "track x
    >>> analog" as well as "track x dec" and "inc", and then move the ball in
    >>> the appropriate direction. Do I need an optipac to make this work? This
    >>> is probably a stupid question, but I thought I'd fire it off anyways.
    >>> Flame away.. -JC
    >>

    > I am running the command line version of mame and mamewah FE. I'll look
    > though in the options for something about turning on mouse input.

    Update myself again, turns out that the problem I was having involved
    having two mice hooked up at once in XP. This link
    http://urebelscum.speedhost.com/
    has a mame build that supports multiple mice. I haven't tried it as of
    yet, but I'll let you know how it works out.

    J-Rod wrote:
    > Well you seem to have gotten me in the right direction, at least. I
    > found the .ini file in mamewah that controls wether the mouse is enabled
    > or not, that seems to have at least woken it up. I can scroll through
    > the games menu using the ball now. Still when I go to a game there's no
    > response from either my mouse or my trackball, and have the same problem
    > trying to set it in the game options as previously mentioned.
    >
    > J-Rod wrote:
    >
    >> outcast_p wrote:
    >>
    >>> what mame client are you using?
    >>>
    >>> In mame32 there is an option in the settings to turn on mouse input,
    >>> make
    >>> sure that it is checked.
    >>>

    >>> "J-Rod" <J-Rod@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

    >> I am running the command line version of mame and mamewah FE. I'll
    >> look though in the options for something about turning on mouse input.

Trackball Imperial Video Games