How do I assign keys to certain programmes?

Have just acquired a Belkin wireless keyboard & mouse for Xmas....it has a
number of 'assigned' multimedia keys, for opening Internet Explorer, e-mail
etc. That side of things works, but the relevant keys won't open my default
music player (Realplayer), or skip the tracks (although it will adjust the
volume). Similarly, the relevant keys won't open 'My Documents', 'My
Pictures' or 'My Music' folders. No software supplied with the keyboard,
other than drivers, and Belkin say I should be able to assign the keys via
Windows. I'm using Win XP. Anyone got any ideas please??

Seems you aren't alone (the review ain't pretty)

http://reviews.cnet.com/Belkin_Wireless_Keyboard_and_Ergo_Optical_Mouse/4505-3134_7-30879538.html