Modem with Caller ID Support

Charlie

I want to install a program that uses Caller ID and I don't know how to
select a modem that supports CID. I checked out several modems at the store
and none specifically stated that they support CID. Is there something else
I should be looking for such as V92 or Group 3 support ?

Hello

Try US Robotic's modems

Alvin

"Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I want to install a program that uses Caller ID and I don't know how to
> select a modem that supports CID. I checked out several modems at the store
> and none specifically stated that they support CID. Is there something else
> I should be looking for such as V92 or Group 3 support ?

The Best Data 56K V.92/V.44 Windows Internal Modem ("56 HP" above
the bar code on the box) supports Caller ID and voice as well. I bought
mine at Circuit City.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Charlie

I have a US Robotics modem and I can't get it to work. I have tested it
using Windows HyperTerminal and issuing the commands manually. When I issue
the command "AT+VCID=1" command I get a "OK" response. I assume that means
the modem supports caller id. However when I call using the phone there is
no caller id information returned. Only the "ring" display shows. Now I am
wondering if the modem really supports caller id. None of the modems I have
looked at specifically state they support caller id.

>I have a US Robotics modem and I can't get it to work. I have tested it
>using Windows HyperTerminal and issuing the commands manually. When I issue
>the command "AT+VCID=1" command I get a "OK" response. I assume that means
>the modem supports caller id. However when I call using the phone there is
>no caller id information returned. Only the "ring" display shows. Now I am
>wondering if the modem really supports caller id. None of the modems I have
>looked at specifically state they support caller id.
>
> "unitor" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> Try US Robotic's modems
>>
>> Alvin
>>

>> Charlie wrote:
>>
>>> I want to install a program that uses Caller ID and I don't know how to
>>> select a modem that supports CID. I checked out several modems at the
>>> store
>>> and none specifically stated that they support CID. Is there something
>>> else
>>> I should be looking for such as V92 or Group 3 support ?

Try this link: http://www.mtnsys.com/pages/howto/htmdmtst.htm

The phone line has to have Caller ID enabled as well. Also some may
"report" OK to a command for compatability purposes(that should be noted
in the modem documentation)

Charlie wrote:

> I have a US Robotics modem and I can't get it to work. I have tested it
> using Windows HyperTerminal and issuing the commands manually. When I issue
> the command "AT+VCID=1" command I get a "OK" response. I assume that means
> the modem supports caller id. However when I call using the phone there is
> no caller id information returned. Only the "ring" display shows. Now I am
> wondering if the modem really supports caller id. None of the modems I have
> looked at specifically state they support caller id.
>
> "unitor" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Try US Robotic's modems
>>
>>Alvin
>>

>>Charlie wrote:
>>

>>>I want to install a program that uses Caller ID and I don't know how to
>>>select a modem that supports CID. I checked out several modems at the
>>>store
>>>and none specifically stated that they support CID. Is there something
>>>else
>>>I should be looking for such as V92 or Group 3 support ?

TRENDING THREADS