NX9010 Laptop connection on XP Pro limited user accounts

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b D Laptop
March 10, 2005 5:37:01 PM

Do you have any suggestions to make my wireless connection work on a limited
user account on my laptop?

Our connection will work fine from the administrator account but not limited
user accounts. If we change the limited user accounts to administrator
accounts, then they will work as well. If we change them back to limited
user accounts they will no longer work. If we disable the service from the
broadcom network we will have reduced speed in the limited accounts. For
example the administrator has 54Mbs speed and then the limited user has 36Mbs
speed.

We are user HP Compaq NX9010 laptops (Freedom to Learn) computers. Running
XP Pro with sp2 and all the latest patches.
We are on the latest firmware on the laptop (release 24).
We are using WPA-PSK (tkip) security. Our access points are HP-420 with
latest firmware.
March 10, 2005 6:01:02 PM

I would contact HP and ask them how to resolve this issue.

It is crazy that one would design the wireless devices only to function in
'administrator accounts' so I would expect that there is a configuration
change for the device or their wireless management application.

!