problem when trying to install software

I am trying to install new printer software and keep getting the following
message when I open the install CD. c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The
system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Hopefully
some one can help with an easy fix. Thanks in advance. Rob

This might help copy autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
c:\windows\system32

Good Luck

--
William

"arcticsnowman" <arcticsnowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install new printer software and keep getting the following
> message when I open the install CD. c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
> The
> system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Hopefully
> some one can help with an easy fix. Thanks in advance. Rob

Could you please be a bit more specific about the steps you want me to take?I
am wondering about the copy and repair to part.

"WTC" wrote:

> This might help copy autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
> c:\windows\system32
>
> Good Luck
>

> --
> William
>

> "arcticsnowman" <arcticsnowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install new printer software and keep getting the following
> > message when I open the install CD. c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
> > The
> > system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> > applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Hopefully
> > some one can help with an easy fix. Thanks in advance. Rob

Nevermind, I got ya figured out. Thanks very much--it worked. Thanks again!

"arcticsnowman" wrote:

> Could you please be a bit more specific about the steps you want me to take?I
> am wondering about the copy and repair to part.
>
> "WTC" wrote:
>
> > This might help copy autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
> > c:\windows\system32
> >
> > Good Luck
> >

> > --
> > William
> >

> > "arcticsnowman" <arcticsnowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to install new printer software and keep getting the following
> > > message when I open the install CD. c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
> > > The
> > > system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> > > applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Hopefully
> > > some one can help with an easy fix. Thanks in advance. Rob

Locate the folder c:\windows\repair
Find the autoexec.nt file

right click on the autoexec.nt file and select "Copy to Folder..."

then navigate to c:\windows\system32
then select ok

--

> Could you please be a bit more specific about the steps you want me to
> take?I
> am wondering about the copy and repair to part.
>
> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> This might help copy autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
>> c:\windows\system32
>>
>> Good Luck
>>

>> --
>> William
>>

>> "arcticsnowman" <arcticsnowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I am trying to install new printer software and keep getting the
>> >following
>> > message when I open the install CD. c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
>> > The
>> > system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
>> > applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>> > Hopefully
>> > some one can help with an easy fix. Thanks in advance. Rob

Your welcome