sata hardrive and ide

hi is it possible to fit a sata hardrive to my gigabite GA-7VA
motherboard..which already has a ide 80g ata h/drive...
if so how...pls
2 answers Last reply
More about sata hardrive

    Thomas,

    It appears your mobo does not support SATA. If you are seeking SATA
    capabilities, it is best to invest in a newer mobo ... one also with RAID
    capabilities as well to expand your options in the future.

    "Thomas" <lind11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi is it possible to fit a sata hardrive to my gigabite GA-7VA
    > motherboard..which already has a ide 80g ata h/drive...
    > if so how...pls

    Yes, it is possible but you would have to purchase a SATA card since the
    GA-7VA motherboard does not have Serial ATA.

    Maybe a new motherboard SATA maybe a better solution.

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    > hi is it possible to fit a sata hardrive to my gigabite GA-7VA
    > motherboard..which already has a ide 80g ata h/drive...
    > if so how...pls

Hardware SATA Microsoft Motherboards Windows XP