sata hardrive and ide

December 31, 2004 8:01:42 PM

hi is it possible to fit a sata hardrive to my gigabite GA-7VA
motherboard..which already has a ide 80g ata h/drive...
if so how...pls

More about : sata hardrive ide

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 8:01:43 PM

Thomas,

It appears your mobo does not support SATA. If you are seeking SATA
capabilities, it is best to invest in a newer mobo ... one also with RAID
capabilities as well to expand your options in the future.

"Thomas" <lind11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi is it possible to fit a sata hardrive to my gigabite GA-7VA
> motherboard..which already has a ide 80g ata h/drive...
> if so how...pls

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2004 8:01:43 PM

Yes, it is possible but you would have to purchase a SATA card since the
GA-7VA motherboard does not have Serial ATA.

Maybe a new motherboard SATA maybe a better solution.

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP

!