7VRXP & RAID & external devices

Hi!

I got two big problems with my GA-7VRXP:

1) RAID: I connected two Samsung harddisks (SP1614N) at the onboard
RAID-controller (Promise Fasttrack133 Lite), created an array
(settings: performance, desktop) and installed a clean Windows XP +
SP2. System runs fine so far but I got no speed gain in harddisk
performance. I can read from the RAID with about 50MBs what is the
transfer-rate of one of the harddisks. VIA Hyperions + VIA IDE
Accelerator Patch are installed.

2) External devices: I got another speed problem with external
harddrives. I tried several different disks with USB2.0 and Firewire,
they are all running with 12MB/s (not Mbit/s). The same devices do
about 25MB/s at my brothers PC.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

cya

"Daniel Böttcher" <dumped@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I got two big problems with my GA-7VRXP:
>
> 1) RAID: I connected two Samsung harddisks (SP1614N) at the onboard
> RAID-controller (Promise Fasttrack133 Lite), created an array (settings:
> performance, desktop) and installed a clean Windows XP + SP2. System runs
> fine so far but I got no speed gain in harddisk performance. I can read
> from the RAID with about 50MBs what is the transfer-rate of one of the
> harddisks. VIA Hyperions + VIA IDE Accelerator Patch are installed.
>
> 2) External devices: I got another speed problem with external harddrives.
> I tried several different disks with USB2.0 and Firewire, they are all
> running with 12MB/s (not Mbit/s). The same devices do about 25MB/s at my
> brothers PC.
>
> Any help/suggestions appreciated.
>
> cya

Sounds like you installed RAID 1 instead of RAID 0.

USB/FireWire speed No help

jpsga schrieb:

> Sounds like you installed RAID 1 instead of RAID 0.

I know, but its definetly RAID 0. On bootup the controller reports "2+0
Stripe", as well as the Fasttrack Utility in windows...

cya

--
Antworten bitte nur in der Newsgroup!
Mails ans From werden nicht gelesen.