7n400 pro boot slowdown

Has anyone noticed that the native XP system drives get you into the OS very
quickly, but when you put the native nVidia drivers on, it slows the boot
time by a factor of 2 to 3 times?

Does anyone know why this happens? I have rebuild my system several times
(not to correct this problem), and I have noticed it every time.

Thanks,

- NuTs

Am I the only one that has seen this .... ?

- NuTs

"NuTCrAcKeR" <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote in message
> Has anyone noticed that the native XP system drives get you into the OS
> very quickly, but when you put the native nVidia drivers on, it slows the
> boot time by a factor of 2 to 3 times?
>
> Does anyone know why this happens? I have rebuild my system several times
> (not to correct this problem), and I have noticed it every time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - NuTs

I have rebuilt my PC several times for different reasons. I have never
noticed a speed difference with or without the NVidia drivers. I am using an
Adaptec ultra160 controller with 3 36gb 15,000rpm cheetah II SCSI drives.