GA-8KNXP Board skipping card BIOSes at boot

Hi all,

Anyone have any ideas why my board would all of a sudden start skipping
the startup bios screens for two of my cards? I'm running an Adaptec
19160 card and an HP NetRaid card on a Gigabyte board (GA-8KNXP) and
the card info has stopped coming up when the machine boots. I cant get
in to configure the cards anymore!

WinXP sees both cards, but the NetRaid card 'cannot start' so my arrays
are unusable.

Running the latest non beta bios on the motherboard - any ideas how to
troubleshoot?

Oh yes, I have also switched cards/slots around - no change in
behavior.....

Thanks!

Mark

Mark,
I spent a day thinking about your problem and I still don't have an answer.

I assume, since you state that WinXP sees both cards, that neither the
Adaptec 19160 or HP NetRaid card support a bootable hard drive. Your boot
hard drive is connected to what?

Have you tried installing just the Adaptec card or HP NetRaid card, not both
at the same time?

Can you install the cards in another system and see the bios screens during
bootup?

Have you recently updated your motherboard BIOS or made a change in your
BIOS?

Sorry for the questions?

Jeff

<gillm@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone have any ideas why my board would all of a sudden start skipping
> the startup bios screens for two of my cards? I'm running an Adaptec
> 19160 card and an HP NetRaid card on a Gigabyte board (GA-8KNXP) and
> the card info has stopped coming up when the machine boots. I cant get
> in to configure the cards anymore!
>
> WinXP sees both cards, but the NetRaid card 'cannot start' so my arrays
> are unusable.
>
> Running the latest non beta bios on the motherboard - any ideas how to
> troubleshoot?
>
> Oh yes, I have also switched cards/slots around - no change in
> behavior.....
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark

TRENDING THREADS