What hardware warrantee on a wireless Intelimouse Explorer?

Hello

I bought my mouse about 2 years ago but the battery compartment door latch,
and the plastic moulding that holds the battery contacts in place, have
broken. I want to see about getting it replaced or fixed - it was an
expensive mouse (£40 sterling).

The PID seems to be 55083-576-3145206-03701 but the MS support site won't
accept that number so I can't find out what the warrantee period is. Can
anyone advise please?

Thanks

RMC, England

peter

6months or 6,000,000 clicks whichever comes first :)
peter

news.microsoft.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> I bought my mouse about 2 years ago but the battery compartment door
> latch, and the plastic moulding that holds the battery contacts in
> place, have broken. I want to see about getting it replaced or fixed
> - it was an expensive mouse (£40 sterling).

My goodness - what on earth does this mouse *do*? I'd expect it to make
decent cappuccino for that price.

> The PID seems to be 55083-576-3145206-03701 but the MS support site
> won't accept that number so I can't find out what the warrantee
> period is. Can anyone advise please?

I suspect you're out of luck re warranty, and we live in a disposable world,
so it seems unlikely it can be fixed, but you could try calling MS.