hp Pavilion Mx70 problem

I have searched all over the web for this, and noone can help me as
nothing works, ok, i got a virus which caused me to get a new hardrive,
the new hardrive didnt have Hp's base software which you get when you
buy the PC, and my monitor is recognised as Default Monitor, I try to
install my monitor but i cant find it in the add hardware list, i go to
change it in device manager, but there isnt a monitor section, i got to
change it in display settings, but the Properties button is Ghosted
out, There is no way i can get my monitor to run to its full potential,
any games i try to install, say that the monitor isnt good enough as it
thinks its a random monitor with no memory, when i run DXDIAG there is
no information of my display model or spec, its really getting me down
as i cant use any of my games that i could previously use, Can any 1
out there help me with solutions?

Thanks in Advance,
Kyle

--
KyleLeonard69
KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716

    Go to www.hp.cdom and download the monitor inf files. Then
    install them.

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1i7a64@no-mx.forum.osnn.net>
    wrote in message

    | I have searched all over the web for this, and noone can
    help me as
    | nothing works, ok, i got a virus which caused me to get a
    new hardrive,
    | the new hardrive didnt have Hp's base software which you
    get when you
    | buy the PC, and my monitor is recognised as Default
    Monitor, I try to
    | install my monitor but i cant find it in the add hardware
    list, i go to
    | change it in device manager, but there isnt a monitor
    section, i got to
    | change it in display settings, but the Properties button
    is Ghosted
    | out, There is no way i can get my monitor to run to its
    full potential,
    | any games i try to install, say that the monitor isnt good
    enough as it
    | thinks its a random monitor with no memory, when i run
    DXDIAG there is
    | no information of my display model or spec, its really
    getting me down
    | as i cant use any of my games that i could previously use,
    Can any 1
    | out there help me with solutions?
    |
    | Thanks in Advance,
    | Kyle
    |

    | --
    | KyleLeonard69
    | KyleLeonard69's Profile:
    http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    | View this thread:
    http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    Where can i find these on the website? i cant seem to find them!

    --
    KyleLeonard69
    KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    erm if ur talking about drivers i cant seem to install them as it wont
    let me install a monitor with the add new hardware wizsrd, i also need
    to install a Video Controller(VGA Compatible) if thats any help?

    --
    KyleLeonard69
    KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    Hi Kyle,

    It's probably the video adapter drivers that you need to locate and install.
    You could possibly find the drivers at HP's Support & Drivers site:
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1i7fq7@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in message

    > erm if ur talking about drivers i cant seem to install them as it wont
    > let me install a monitor with the add new hardware wizsrd, i also need
    > to install a Video Controller(VGA Compatible) if thats any help?
    >

    > --
    > KyleLeonard69
    > KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    > View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    Hmmph, it wont let me install drivers! as the monitor does not show up
    in any changeable software! e.g. device manager it does not show up

    --
    KyleLeonard69
    KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    HP doesn't offer any XP drivers for the old Mx70 series
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=57820&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

    HP Customer Care | HP MX70 17 inch Display |
    Software & Driver downloads

    Software & Driver downloads
    HP MX70 17 inch Display

    Select your operating system

    » Microsoft Windows 98

    » Microsoft Windows 95

    If what you were looking for is not
    listed, then it is not available for downloading from the
    web in this language.

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1i8imc@no-mx.forum.osnn.net>
    wrote in message

    | Hmmph, it wont let me install drivers! as the monitor does
    not show up
    | in any changeable software! e.g. device manager it does
    not show up

    | --
    | KyleLeonard69
    | KyleLeonard69's Profile:
    http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    | View this thread:
    http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    begin 666 s.gif
    K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
    `
    end

    In Device Manager, what do you have listed for Display Adapter?

    What is the make (I'm assuming HP, but correct me if I'm wrong) and model of
    the computer system, not just the monitor?

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1i8imc@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in message

    > Hmmph, it wont let me install drivers! as the monitor does not show up
    > in any changeable software! e.g. device manager it does not show up
    >

    > --
    > KyleLeonard69
    > KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    > View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    There is no display adaptor in the device manager either?

    --
    KyleLeonard69
    KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    You have to install the M/B drivers, the video drivers and the sound
    drivers. Then you have to get all the Windows updates.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1i7a64@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in message

    > I have searched all over the web for this, and noone can help me as
    > nothing works, ok, i got a virus which caused me to get a new hardrive,
    > the new hardrive didnt have Hp's base software which you get when you
    > buy the PC, and my monitor is recognised as Default Monitor, I try to
    > install my monitor but i cant find it in the add hardware list, i go to
    > change it in device manager, but there isnt a monitor section, i got to
    > change it in display settings, but the Properties button is Ghosted
    > out, There is no way i can get my monitor to run to its full potential,
    > any games i try to install, say that the monitor isnt good enough as it
    > thinks its a random monitor with no memory, when i run DXDIAG there is
    > no information of my display model or spec, its really getting me down
    > as i cant use any of my games that i could previously use, Can any 1
    > out there help me with solutions?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Kyle
    >

    > --
    > KyleLeonard69
    > KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    > View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1i8imc@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in message

    > Hmmph, it wont let me install drivers! as the monitor does not show up
    > in any changeable software! e.g. device manager it does not show up
    >

    > --
    > KyleLeonard69
    > KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    > View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us>

    As you have been steered throughout this thread. Just go to the above
    page and follow instructions.

    and as i have said throughout this thread... I CANNOT!!!!! do it this
    way!

    --
    KyleLeonard69
    KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

    I suggest you take the computer to a qualified technician.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1ia6c5@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in message

    > and as i have said throughout this thread... I CANNOT!!!!! do it this
    > way!
    >

    > --
    > KyleLeonard69
    > KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    > View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I second that motion.

    >I suggest you take the computer to a qualified technician.
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Richard Urban
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > If you knew as much as you thought you know,

    > "KyleLeonard69" <KyleLeonard69.1ia6c5@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in
    > message news:KyleLeonard69.1ia6c5@no-mx.forum.osnn.net...
    >>
    >> and as i have said throughout this thread... I CANNOT!!!!! do it this
    >> way!
    >> --
    >> KyleLeonard69
    >> KyleLeonard69's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=6716
    >> View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=47538

Hardware Monitors HP Pavilion Windows XP