I am having problems with the F2 bios on the giga website, when I
flashed to F2 earlier I had lost the use of the inbuilt lan and
gained an infared section in device manager. No matter what I did I
could not get my lan back, is the file on the giga server incorrectly
named or am I missing something?

geld@smakibbfb.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (Geldethi) wrote:

Hi Geldethi,

> I am having problems with the F2 bios on the giga website, when I
> flashed to F2 earlier I had lost the use of the inbuilt lan and
> gained an infared section in device manager. No matter what I did I
> could not get my lan back, is the file on the giga server
> incorrectly named or am I missing something?

Some people claim, there is an problem with the ethernet interface in
the F2 BIOS and some not. I do also have the F2-BIOS and the ethernet
interface does work well under Linux 2.6 using the forcedeph module.
But the better module that should even support Gigabit ethernet named
sk98lin does not work at all.

Maybe it is an problem with drivers and the F2 BIOS... It seems to
depend on the operating system, the BIOS version and the driver for
the ethernet interface...

HTH Martin
--
http://www.bretschneidernet.de OpenPGP-key: 0x4EA52583
_o)(o_ Philip R. Zimmermann:

>I am having problems with the F2 bios on the giga website, when I
> flashed to F2 earlier I had lost the use of the inbuilt lan and
> gained an infared section in device manager. No matter what I did I
> could not get my lan back, is the file on the giga server incorrectly
> named or am I missing something?

Try to change physical address of the build-in LAN adapter. It helped in my
case.
Connetion->Properties->Configure-Advanced-Network address,or something like
this. Enter something in format: 001234567890. Although not sure if this
exact number will be OK. I recommend to take this address from some network
adapter card, eventually add "1" on last digit.

MB

Damn, already tried that netx just cant connect to my lan with the
inbuilt no matter what settings i play with, and any idea why i got
the added infa red stuff in device manager when the mb has no ir?

[edit] nm managed to fix it afterall, damned thing, tried overclocking
it today too and that wont work now lol

geld@smakibbfb.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (Geldethi) wrote:

Hi Geldethi,

> and any idea why i got
> the added infa red stuff in device manager when the mb has no ir?

There is an infra red conncector on the board! Maybe you can disable
it in the BIOS...

Martin
--
http://www.bretschneidernet.de OpenPGP-key: 0x4EA52583
(o__o) Philip R. Zimmermann:
//\/\\ If privacy is outlawed,
V_/\_V only outlaws will have privacy.

there is? doh, must have missed it i guess lol

"Geldethi" wrote:
> there is? doh, must have missed it i guess lol

I am having exactly the same problem with the network adapter on this
board. Can you tell me how you fixed it? Thanks.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-K8NF-Bios-problem-ftopict51615.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=278873