Card reader install problems

I am installing a mmc card reader that has to use the oem drivers. The
problem is when I plug in the device windows automatically installs its own
windows drivers. When I try to install the oem drivers I get a message saying
that the current drivers are a better match and the new drivers will not
install. Is there any way to bypass the windows drivers to install the oem
drivers. Just to let you know the windows drivers do work with the reader
but I have to use the oem drivers to get this device to work with some
special mapping software for my gps. Something to do with encrcypting the
cards. Thanks.

Uninstall the card reader, and the USB port you plugged it
into to remove all reference to the drive and the link to
the XP drivers.
Then install the software that you need. Then plug the
drive back in and it should detect the drivers you need and
install them.

You might want to check the drive/software/GPS company site
for help

"Bdsomers" <Bdsomers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
|I am installing a mmc card reader that has to use the oem
drivers. The
| problem is when I plug in the device windows automatically
installs its own
| windows drivers. When I try to install the oem drivers I
get a message saying
| that the current drivers are a better match and the new
drivers will not
| install. Is there any way to bypass the windows drivers to
install the oem
| drivers. Just to let you know the windows drivers do work
with the reader
| but I have to use the oem drivers to get this device to
work with some
| special mapping software for my gps. Something to do with
encrcypting the
| cards. Thanks.

Doesn't the OEM driver come with setup instructions?
How *they* suggest to install the driver?

--PA

"Bdsomers" wrote:
> I am installing a mmc card reader that has to use the oem drivers. The
> problem is when I plug in the device windows automatically installs its own
> windows drivers. When I try to install the oem drivers I get a message saying
> that the current drivers are a better match and the new drivers will not
> install. Is there any way to bypass the windows drivers to install the oem
> drivers. Just to let you know the windows drivers do work with the reader
> but I have to use the oem drivers to get this device to work with some
> special mapping software for my gps. Something to do with encrcypting the
> cards. Thanks.

Still no luck. I deleted the ports and software then followed vendors
instructions.
Seems like windows loads the drivers before install has a chance to load its
own.
I was hoping there was some way to force it to look for the oem drivers and
bypass the windows drivers.

Thanks again.

Did it maybe say, "Install the software BEFORE connecting the camera"?????
If you do that, the OEM drivers will be available for the camera....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Bdsomers" <Bdsomers@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> Still no luck. I deleted the ports and software then followed vendors
> instructions.
> Seems like windows loads the drivers before install has a chance to load
its
> own.
> I was hoping there was some way to force it to look for the oem drivers
and
> bypass the windows drivers.
>
> Thanks again.

I did install the software before I connected the reader. As soon as I
connect the reader windows recognizes it and installs windows drivers and not
the oem drivers.
I s there a way to disable pnp and install manually?

Thanks