incorrect disk space after deleting large file

If have a 90 Gb NTFS partition on my harddisk. After deleting a large
avi file of 18 Gb the disk space is no longer correct.
The system shows there are appr 60 Gb Free.
Chkdsk says: 29,8 G in 10.850 files
Dir/s says : 12,9 G in 10.709 files
There seems to be appr 18 G lost !

Who has any clue

Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about incorrect disk space deleting large file

    Empty the Norton Protected Recycle Bin!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "PieBeee" <piebeee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If have a 90 Gb NTFS partition on my harddisk. After deleting a large
    > avi file of 18 Gb the disk space is no longer correct.
    > The system shows there are appr 60 Gb Free.
    > Chkdsk says: 29,8 G in 10.850 files
    > Dir/s says : 12,9 G in 10.709 files
    > There seems to be appr 18 G lost !
    >
    > Who has any clue