K8NS Pro network problem after hibernation

Hello

K8NS Pro / AMD 64 3000+ / 1024 MB RAM TakeMS / 2 x 120 GB Maxtor ATA (no
RAID) / 2 x 160 GB Maxtor ATA (no RAID) / all actual board drivers from GA /
XP Prof. / SP2 / all Updates and Patches

When I finishing XP I use hibernation.
After successfull start of Windows from hibernation I get 2 events in
Windows log with Event-Id 1003 and 1007 and get no valid IP address from my
DHCP server (Router Zyxel 650H-E7).

When i deactivate and activate the network connection or unplug and plug the
ethernet cable all is ok and the client gets a valid IP address from y DHCP
server.

Is this a technical problem of the integrated Marvell NIC or Windows
Problem? Into the Windows Networking groups from MS I get no good idea to
solve the problem.
Any help?

THX
Thomas

Thomas Wohlgemuth wrote:
> When i deactivate and activate the network connection or unplug and
> plug the ethernet cable all is ok and the client gets a valid IP
> address from y DHCP server.

Do you have any software firewalls (i.e. zonealarm) installed? That may
be your problem.

Travis Jordan wrote
> Thomas Wohlgemuth wrote:
>> When i deactivate and activate the network connection or unplug and
>> plug the ethernet cable all is ok and the client gets a valid IP
>> address from y DHCP server.
>
> Do you have any software firewalls (i.e. zonealarm) installed? That may
> be your problem.

Yes. But that was my first favorite and I have stop it. Same result.
Running same Firewall (Sysgate Prof. 5.5) after complete reboot without any
problems.

Thomas

Thomas Wohlgemuth wrote:
> Yes. But that was my first favorite and I have stop it. Same result.
> Running same Firewall (Sysgate Prof. 5.5) after complete reboot
> without any problems.

Remove (not disable) the software firewall and see if the problem goes
away.

Travis Jordan wrote
>> Yes. But that was my first favorite and I have stop it. Same result.
>> Running same Firewall (Sysgate Prof. 5.5) after complete reboot
>> without any problems.
>
> Remove (not disable) the software firewall and see if the problem goes
> away.

Hey
could be possible that this was the solution.
I had remove the firewall yesterday evening and today after boot from
hibernation network connection was ok.
But sometimes earlier I had also the same situation and next day it was bad.
Yesterday I also changed NIC speed for auto negotiation to fxed 100 MBit
Full.
Will we see next days. When all is OK I´ll be reset speed to auto
negotiation to see what was the solution. Speed or firewall.

But if it was firewall what done? Using windows without firewall? :-((

Thomas

Thomas Wohlgemuth wrote:
> But if it was firewall what done? Using windows without firewall? :-((

Get a hardware firewall (i.e. a router).

Travis Jordan wrote
> Thomas Wohlgemuth wrote:
>> But if it was firewall what done? Using windows without firewall? :-((
>
> Get a hardware firewall (i.e. a router).

Is that rellay enough?
For my software firewall I had several configuration whats going in and out.
When a programm would contact internet I get a information.
Could give me a router all these things also?

Thomas

Thomas Wohlgemuth wrote:
> For my software firewall I had several configuration whats going in
> and out. When a programm would contact internet I get a information.

You can use a traffic logging program such as WallWatcher with almost
any hardware router.