GA-7N400 Pro 2 won't recognise XP2500+ Mobile

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 5, 2005 10:46:36 PM

I have just fitted a XP2500+ Mobile CPU and I can only get it to run at
798.76mhz and 133 fsb.
I have set the bios to manual and the switches on the board to auto. If I
try to change it with Easytune, it won't let me.

Any idea's?

Many thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2005 10:46:37 PM

Are you using the latest BIOS (FK) and does it recognize the chip
correctly?
If the Mobile CPU has the same specs as the non-Mobile, you could try
setting the MB switches to 11x and set the FSB to 166. Setting memory
speed to 100% should result in 333 memory speed.
Daryl
"wombat" <nospam_ausnasia@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>I have just fitted a XP2500+ Mobile CPU and I can only get it to run at
>798.76mhz and 133 fsb.
>I have set the bios to manual and the switches on the board to auto. If I
>try to change it with Easytune, it won't let me.
>
>Any idea's?
>
>Many thanks

April 6, 2005 6:53:50 PM

the dip switches have to be set manually to get the right multiplier i
was runing the exact same cpu and mobo as is my friend i sold it to.
there should be a little orange laminated card that came with it or i
think its in the manual but the dip switches should be set to around
12x or so....thats what i had mine at....also you'll have to tweak
your voltages as well....cant have them just runing on auto....whats
your dip switch and voltage settings?
Related resources
April 7, 2005 12:57:12 PM

Many thanks, I thought I could do it using Easytune, but I guess not. At
present the switches are auto for the FSB and off for the multiplier. I will
change them on the weekend when I hope to get time to experiment. H have
read that people have set them to 12.5 x 200FSB, so I will try that. Mind
you just 2GIG would be nice!

"xcaliber" <djxcaliber@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> the dip switches have to be set manually to get the right multiplier i
> was runing the exact same cpu and mobo as is my friend i sold it to.
> there should be a little orange laminated card that came with it or i
> think its in the manual but the dip switches should be set to around
> 12x or so....thats what i had mine at....also you'll have to tweak
> your voltages as well....cant have them just runing on auto....whats
> your dip switch and voltage settings?

April 24, 2005 3:43:11 AM

"Phil" <@iprimus.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Many thanks, I thought I could do it using Easytune, but I guess not. At
> present the switches are auto for the FSB and off for the multiplier. I will
> change them on the weekend when I hope to get time to experiment. H have
> read that people have set them to 12.5 x 200FSB, so I will try that. Mind
> you just 2GIG would be nice!

Hi, did you get it to work?
I have same board, but rev2, and an xp mobile 2600,
and there's no way i can change FSB from 100 :(
I adjusted the dips witches on the mobo to achieve 11x,
so i'm now running at 1100Mhz, but i can't change the fsb
speed. The CLK_SW jumper is set to auto.
Please help :)
Thanks in advance