GA-7N400 Pro 2 won't recognise XP2500+ Mobile

I have just fitted a XP2500+ Mobile CPU and I can only get it to run at
798.76mhz and 133 fsb.
I have set the bios to manual and the switches on the board to auto. If I
try to change it with Easytune, it won't let me.

Any idea's?

Many thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about 7n400 recognise xp2500 mobile

    Are you using the latest BIOS (FK) and does it recognize the chip
    correctly?
    If the Mobile CPU has the same specs as the non-Mobile, you could try
    setting the MB switches to 11x and set the FSB to 166. Setting memory
    speed to 100% should result in 333 memory speed.
    Daryl
    "wombat" <nospam_ausnasia@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

    >I have just fitted a XP2500+ Mobile CPU and I can only get it to run at
    >798.76mhz and 133 fsb.
    >I have set the bios to manual and the switches on the board to auto. If I
    >try to change it with Easytune, it won't let me.
    >
    >Any idea's?
    >
    >Many thanks

    the dip switches have to be set manually to get the right multiplier i
    was runing the exact same cpu and mobo as is my friend i sold it to.
    there should be a little orange laminated card that came with it or i
    think its in the manual but the dip switches should be set to around
    12x or so....thats what i had mine at....also you'll have to tweak
    your voltages as well....cant have them just runing on auto....whats
    your dip switch and voltage settings?

    Many thanks, I thought I could do it using Easytune, but I guess not. At
    present the switches are auto for the FSB and off for the multiplier. I will
    change them on the weekend when I hope to get time to experiment. H have
    read that people have set them to 12.5 x 200FSB, so I will try that. Mind
    you just 2GIG would be nice!

    "xcaliber" <djxcaliber@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > the dip switches have to be set manually to get the right multiplier i
    > was runing the exact same cpu and mobo as is my friend i sold it to.
    > there should be a little orange laminated card that came with it or i
    > think its in the manual but the dip switches should be set to around
    > 12x or so....thats what i had mine at....also you'll have to tweak
    > your voltages as well....cant have them just runing on auto....whats
    > your dip switch and voltage settings?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    "Phil" <@iprimus.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Many thanks, I thought I could do it using Easytune, but I guess not. At
    > present the switches are auto for the FSB and off for the multiplier. I will
    > change them on the weekend when I hope to get time to experiment. H have
    > read that people have set them to 12.5 x 200FSB, so I will try that. Mind
    > you just 2GIG would be nice!

    Hi, did you get it to work?
    I have same board, but rev2, and an xp mobile 2600,
    and there's no way i can change FSB from 100 :(
    I adjusted the dips witches on the mobo to achieve 11x,
    so i'm now running at 1100Mhz, but i can't change the fsb
    speed. The CLK_SW jumper is set to auto.
    Please help :)
    Thanks in advance

Gigabyte Mobile Motherboards