Wireless USB keyboard - BIOS

For some reason I am unable to boot to the BIOS or interact with my PC until
the GUI kicks in. I cannot choose between profiles, I cannot "Press any key
to boot from CD", etc. Dell says a usb keyboard cannot be used in this way.
I'm near positive that I've been able to do this in the past... I was ready
to give up on this, but I have this nagging feeling. So if anyone knows
difinitively - can a usb wireless keyboard be used to edit the BIOS or is a
PS/2 keyboard required?

Thanks.
Brad Voltero

If your bios has legacy USB support for keyboards, enabling it *should*
allow it to work in the manner that you want.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"bvoltero" <bvoltero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason I am unable to boot to the BIOS or interact with my PC
> until
> the GUI kicks in. I cannot choose between profiles, I cannot "Press any
> key
> to boot from CD", etc. Dell says a usb keyboard cannot be used in this
> way.
> I'm near positive that I've been able to do this in the past... I was
> ready
> to give up on this, but I have this nagging feeling. So if anyone knows
> difinitively - can a usb wireless keyboard be used to edit the BIOS or is
> PS/2 keyboard required?
>
> Thanks.
> Brad Voltero

I remeber a "legacy USB support" setting in my BIOS. I'll need to use a PS/2
keyboard to get there and ensure that I have that setting switched on...
thanks.