wireless and hotmail account

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
March 11, 2005 8:39:05 AM

Hi,

I have a d-link dsl router. The main computer that administer the router can
access my hotmail account, the other with wireless connection can surf the
internet but i cannot log in the hotmail account or yahoo. I suspect my be
involved the https requirement. The router had the own dhcp / ip /dns
dynamic. The wierd thing is the dns has the same address with the default
gateway.
Can someone help me please?
I do appreciate.

Vlad
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 11, 2005 11:15:08 AM

Vlad,

Try setting your DNS Entries on the wireless machine to match your dns
settings to that of your ISP.

"Vlad" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a d-link dsl router. The main computer that administer the router can
> access my hotmail account, the other with wireless connection can surf the
> internet but i cannot log in the hotmail account or yahoo. I suspect my be
> involved the https requirement. The router had the own dhcp / ip /dns
> dynamic. The wierd thing is the dns has the same address with the default
> gateway.
> Can someone help me please?
> I do appreciate.
>
> Vlad
March 11, 2005 12:55:04 PM

Hi Kory,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
I believe that are the same dynamically assigned, i've looked up in the
advanced proprieties of the wirelles connection and is the same with the one
in the router.
If you have any else ideea, i would appreciate it. Should i do a manual
configuration of the ip & dns?

Thank you.

!