GA-K8NXP-9, F5i BIOS

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d338o2$2rp$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>I emailed Gigabyte support about the possibility of a new BIOS, and they
>sent me this. Hopefully it will resolve whatever issues people are having.
>

> http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/197944/k8nxp9_f5i.exe

Could you send this link in some form other than an EXE? My browser won't
allow it to open, and in any case it would be risky for anyone to open an
unknown executable in this manner.

"Bob Davis" <iclicknix@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I emailed Gigabyte support about the possibility of a new BIOS, and they
>>sent me this. Hopefully it will resolve whatever issues people are having.
>>

>> http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/197944/k8nxp9_f5i.exe
>
> Could you send this link in some form other than an EXE? My browser won't
> allow it to open, and in any case it would be risky for anyone to open an
> unknown executable in this manner.

You should just be able to click as "save target as".

>> http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/197944/k8nxp9_f5i.exe
>
> Could you send this link in some form other than an EXE? My browser won't
> allow it to open, and in any case it would be risky for anyone to open an
> unknown executable in this manner.

yer new to this whole "web thing" arent you ....

You are basically asking the OP (original poster) to access the gigabyte
site and change the file name so that the file extention in the link
changes, and then post a "safe" URL to this group. There is absolutely ZERO
chance of that happening.

You didnt happen to notice the big, SAVE button that your browser opened up,
did you?