I can't open Control Panel at all. When I try to open it, I get the window
that says: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
close..." and then it ask me if I want to send error report or not. Also, a
few minutes after that, I get another window that says: "exception occurred
while trying to run shell32.dll,control_run DLL wscui.cpl". I don't know id
this message is related to my control panel problem. PLEASE HELP !

Thanks,
Fadja

If you are running XP you might not have the latest security updates. Go to
windows update and run the critical update to see if you need to download any
updates, if so download and update and then try.

Warren

"fadja" wrote:

> I can't open Control Panel at all. When I try to open it, I get the window
> that says: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
> close..." and then it ask me if I want to send error report or not. Also, a
> few minutes after that, I get another window that says: "exception occurred
> while trying to run shell32.dll,control_run DLL wscui.cpl". I don't know id
> this message is related to my control panel problem. PLEASE HELP !
>
> Thanks,
> Fadja

frank

Distinguished