USB Generic Volume designation

I've got a 6 in 1 USB card reader. A while ago I somehow configured my
computer up to only show the Smart Media slot and name it drive D: (so I
wouldn't have to keep selcting different drives until I found the one
corresponding to the smart media slot).

Well now I have a camera which uses compact flash cards, and although the
device is working correctly every place I look in system manager, I cannot
for the life of me find out where to assign a drive letter to the compact
flash slot of the card reader.

What is the process for reassigning a drive letter to a USB generic volume?

Thanks,
Paul B

Lunchtime hit, and I spent some time and figured out how to assign or remove
drive designations as needed from the various card slots in the reader.
Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time.

Paul B

"Paul B" <bohnpd@com_remove_cast.net> wrote in message
> I've got a 6 in 1 USB card reader. A while ago I somehow configured my
> computer up to only show the Smart Media slot and name it drive D: (so I
> wouldn't have to keep selcting different drives until I found the one
> corresponding to the smart media slot).
>
> Well now I have a camera which uses compact flash cards, and although the
> device is working correctly every place I look in system manager, I cannot
> for the life of me find out where to assign a drive letter to the compact
> flash slot of the card reader.
>
> What is the process for reassigning a drive letter to a USB generic
volume?

> Thanks,
> Paul B

Sorry, I replied to a post on harddrive not appearing instead of my own
post. This is what I said:

"...
I had to be logged on as the administrator, went to Administrator
Tools>Computer Management.
Once there under Storage>Disk Management I was able to assign drive letters
to devices that were installed correctly, but didn't have logical drive
letters."

Hope that helps you,
Paul B