Harddrive doesn't appear in my computer

I have an external hard drive which I have formatted and appears in disk
management as working ok. I can access the drive through a program but it's
not listed under my computer. Any ideas how I can make the computer see the
drive in my computer?
3 answers Last reply
More about harddrive doesn computer

    It may be the same thing I just went through trying to assign drive letters
    to my USB 6 in 1 card reader.

    I had to be logged on as the administrator, went to Administrato
    Tools>Computer Management.
    Once there under Storage>Disk Management I was able to assign drive letters
    to devices that were installed correctly, but didn't have logical drive
    letters.

    Hope that helps you,
    Paul B

    "DJ" <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have an external hard drive which I have formatted and appears in disk
    > management as working ok. I can access the drive through a program but
    it's
    > not listed under my computer. Any ideas how I can make the computer see
    the
    > drive in my computer?

    How about View -> Refresh?

    DJ wrote:

    >I have an external hard drive which I have formatted and appears in disk
    >management as working ok. I can access the drive through a program but it's
    >not listed under my computer. Any ideas how I can make the computer see the
    >drive in my computer?

    Use TweakUI - one of the XP Powertoys from

    Once installed you will find it in Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
    Windows XP

    Its My Computer page has a check box for each drive letter to show it in
    My Computer - make sure the relevant one is checked

Computers External Hard Drive Hard Drives Windows XP