How do I delete a second operating system

I've reinstalled windows xp pro to start over.
But everytime the computer starts up I get a screen
giving me the option of one or the other operating systems.
both are xp pro. How can I delete the old one.
3 answers Last reply
More about delete operating system

    I believe that is resolved by Run-->Msconfig-->Goto Boot.ini tab-->Click on
    'check all boot paths'

    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

    --------------------------------
    "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've reinstalled windows xp pro to start over.
    > But everytime the computer starts up I get a screen
    > giving me the option of one or the other operating systems.
    > both are xp pro. How can I delete the old one.

    Hi

    Please see if the following article by Michael Stevens helps:

    "I have two installations of XP on the same partition, how do I remove the
    one I don't need?"
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've reinstalled windows xp pro to start over.
    > But everytime the computer starts up I get a screen
    > giving me the option of one or the other operating systems.
    > both are xp pro. How can I delete the old one.

    "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've reinstalled windows xp pro to start over.
    > But everytime the computer starts up I get a screen
    > giving me the option of one or the other operating systems.
    > both are xp pro. How can I delete the old one.

    If you want to start over? Go back to square 1 and start over.
    Reformat your drive and then install. XP will not install over
    an old install unless you do a repair install, which is something
    different than you are trying to do.

Windows XP