How to set up a hotspot?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 11, 2005 7:28:16 PM

I want to set up a hotspot, i dont know where to begin, what are the
necesary items to do that?, how one log on into a hotspot?
thanks

More about : set hotspot

March 11, 2005 7:28:17 PM

Santiago Tavitian wrote:

> I want to set up a hotspot, i dont know where to begin, what are the
> necesary items to do that?, how one log on into a hotspot?
> thanks

If I interpret your post correctly as saying you would like to set up
and provide a hotspot:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=how+to+set+up+...

This Google search will give you over 500,000 links about doing this.
The first few look quite promising.

If you are asking how you use a hotspot, then the answer is it depends
on how the hotspot operating is making Internet access available.
Please post back with a clarification of what you want to do if you
want more specific help.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Malke wrote:

> If I interpret your post correctly as saying you would like to set up
> and provide a hotspot:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=how+to+set+up+...

thanks, i was doing the bad requests to google. ;)
sorry for my english, for now im done.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 12:34:34 AM

Microsoft has some really exciting WPS or "hotspot" technology provided in
XPSP2. If you're interested, check out the following article describing the
architecture of this WPS technology:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

--
Oliver
This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

!