can anyone tell me the difference between a revision 1 and a revision
2 of the 7n400 pro2 please :?

Ian

legend131268 wrote:
> can anyone tell me the difference between a revision 1 and a revision
> 2 of the 7n400 pro2 please :?

I believe this one is just down to PCB design but without any changes to the
functionality and specification of the board.
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/ComparisonSheet_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Rev%201.x).htm

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/ComparisonSheet_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Rev%202.x).htm

legend131268 wrote:
> can anyone tell me the difference between a revision 1 and a revision
> 2 of the 7n400 pro2 please :?

The Silcon Image Serial ATA chip is updated to a sil3512 controller in
Rev 2.

"Travis Jordan" <no.one@no.net> wrote in message
> legend131268 wrote:
>> can anyone tell me the difference between a revision 1 and a revision
>> 2 of the 7n400 pro2 please :?
>
> The Silcon Image Serial ATA chip is updated to a sil3512 controller in
> Rev 2.

and it has a BIOS clear jumper,

it apears as though the rev1 a nb heatsink AND fan but the rev2 only
has a heatsink. is this correct?

"legend131268" <alanstock@westnet.com-dot-au.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:8f457$42626192$455da0d2$6167@allthenewsgroups.com...
> it apears as though the rev1 a nb heatsink AND fan but the rev2 only
> has a heatsink. is this correct?

Yep

--

Visual

Distinguished
May 7, 2002

"G©" <gcopyright@gmxMAPS.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

>> it apears as though the rev1 a nb heatsink AND fan but the rev2 only
>> has a heatsink. is this correct?
>>
> Yep

Are you sure? The pcb of my 7n400pro2 says REV 2.0
(in the lower left corner), but it has a fan on the nb!
I've been wondering a lot on this matter: did they ever released
2 version of the rev2?
Thanks

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:16:31 +0200, "Visual"
<visualdanubio@despammed.com> wrote:

>"G©" <gcopyright@gmxMAPS.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>> it apears as though the rev1 a nb heatsink AND fan but the rev2 only
>>> has a heatsink. is this correct?
>>>
>> Yep
>
>Are you sure? The pcb of my 7n400pro2 says REV 2.0
>(in the lower left corner), but it has a fan on the nb!
>I've been wondering a lot on this matter: did they ever released
>2 version of the rev2?
>Thanks

Yes. 'They' did release a 2nd ver of the board.

I have 3 in total 7N400 Pro2s - a first rev and two 2nd Revs. The
early Rev. 2s did use a NB fan, the later ones did away with the fan
and replaced it with a larger heat sink.

Visual

Distinguished
May 7, 2002

"Alpha Maile" <AlphaMale@BS.COM> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Yes. 'They' did release a 2nd ver of the board.

Hehehe, finally the mistery was revealed :)

> I have 3 in total 7N400 Pro2s - a first rev and two 2nd Revs. The
> early Rev. 2s did use a NB fan, the later ones did away with the fan
> and replaced it with a larger heat sink.

Is that the only difference between the 2 versions?
I ask 'cause i've read of people having problems with the one
with NB fan, actually i'm using it since spring 2004 and it's all
fine up to now (!) :)
Tnx, bye

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:44:57 +0200, "Visual"
<visualdanubio@despammed.com> wrote:

>"Alpha Maile" <AlphaMale@BS.COM> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Yes. 'They' did release a 2nd ver of the board.
>
>Hehehe, finally the mistery was revealed :)
>

>> I have 3 in total 7N400 Pro2s - a first rev and two 2nd Revs. The
>> early Rev. 2s did use a NB fan, the later ones did away with the fan
>> and replaced it with a larger heat sink.
>
>Is that the only difference between the 2 versions?
>I ask 'cause i've read of people having problems with the one
>with NB fan, actually i'm using it since spring 2004 and it's all
>fine up to now (!) :)
>Tnx, bye

I'm not aware of any other differences than the fan..

They DO use the SAME BIOS too (Rev. 2's) so....

I've had NO problems with any of these boards other than the fact that
the NB fans have ALL failed and I've had to replace them with a good
40mm bb fan...