GA-7VT600P-RZ with Athlon XP 2800+ : how to use at max spe..

Hi all,

Sorry for newbie question.

I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.

All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.

When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.

I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)

What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?

Thanks.
Regards,
Christian.

PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.

"NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for newbie question.
>
> I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>
> All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
> but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>
> When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
> no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>
> I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
> Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
> Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>
> What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>

> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Christian.
>

> PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.

Well Christian, I don't own this board and hope someone that does reads and
responds.
I was very curious about the fact that it will not allow you into the BIOS
with the SW1 jumper removed.
After down loading the manual, I found that cryptic NOTE on page 33. My
efforts to translate the note into English failed,
Maybe he is telling us to stare at the blank screen for 20 or 30 seconds. If
the time out fairy has not initiated a reboot by that time, then hit the
reset button and it should let you into the BIOS with the host clock at
133mHz.
Better yet, maybe you understand the NOTE,

It looks like a nice board.

JPS

jpsga a écrit :

> "NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Sorry for newbie question.
>>
>>I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>>
>>All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
>>but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>>
>>When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
>>no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>>
>>I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
>>Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
>>Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>>
>>What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>>

>>Thanks.
>>Regards,
>>Christian.
>>

>>PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.
>

> Well Christian, I don't own this board and hope someone that does reads and
> responds.
> I was very curious about the fact that it will not allow you into the BIOS
> with the SW1 jumper removed.
> After down loading the manual, I found that cryptic NOTE on page 33. My
> efforts to translate the note into English failed,
> Maybe he is telling us to stare at the blank screen for 20 or 30 seconds. If
> the time out fairy has not initiated a reboot by that time, then hit the
> reset button and it should let you into the BIOS with the host clock at
> 133mHz.
> Better yet, maybe you understand the NOTE,
>
> It looks like a nice board.
>
> JPS

Right, I'm already waiting about this 20 seconds before reinit and
restart. But, nothing happened.

This is why I'm thinking I've missing something before go to "auto"
mode, because it nothing happening in this mode. No bip, no information
on screen, can't get BIOS menu. And all are ok with FSB force to 100MHz.

Christian.

> jpsga a écrit :
>
>> "NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Sorry for newbie question.
>>>
>>>I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>>>
>>>All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
>>>but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>>>
>>>When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
>>>no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>>>
>>>I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
>>>Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
>>>Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>>>
>>>What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>>>

>>>Thanks.
>>>Regards,
>>>Christian.
>>>

>>>PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.
>>

>> Well Christian, I don't own this board and hope someone that does reads
>> and responds.
>> I was very curious about the fact that it will not allow you into the
>> BIOS with the SW1 jumper removed.
>> After down loading the manual, I found that cryptic NOTE on page 33. My
>> efforts to translate the note into English failed,
>> Maybe he is telling us to stare at the blank screen for 20 or 30 seconds.
>> If the time out fairy has not initiated a reboot by that time, then hit
>> the reset button and it should let you into the BIOS with the host clock
>> at 133mHz.
>> Better yet, maybe you understand the NOTE,
>>
>> It looks like a nice board.
>>
>> JPS
>>

> Right, I'm already waiting about this 20 seconds before reinit and
> restart. But, nothing happened.
>
> This is why I'm thinking I've missing something before go to "auto" mode,
> because it nothing happening in this mode. No bip, no information
> on screen, can't get BIOS menu. And all are ok with FSB force to 100MHz.
>

> Christian.

Assuming the board is ok, this is starting to look like a RAM problem. What
DIMMs are installed?
Have you done a Crl^F1 to look at the memory timings
Have you re-set the BIOS and tried the 30 second trick again?
JPS

NoSpamCity a écrit :
> jpsga a écrit :
>
>> "NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Sorry for newbie question.
>>>
>>> I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>>>
>>> All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
>>> but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>>>
>>> When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
>>> no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>>>
>>> I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
>>> Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
>>> Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>>>
>>> What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>>>

>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,
>>> Christian.
>>>

>>> PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.
>>

>> Well Christian, I don't own this board and hope someone that does
>> reads and responds.
>> I was very curious about the fact that it will not allow you into the
>> BIOS with the SW1 jumper removed.
>> After down loading the manual, I found that cryptic NOTE on page 33.
>> My efforts to translate the note into English failed,
>> Maybe he is telling us to stare at the blank screen for 20 or 30
>> seconds. If the time out fairy has not initiated a reboot by that
>> time, then hit the reset button and it should let you into the BIOS
>> with the host clock at 133mHz.
>> Better yet, maybe you understand the NOTE,
>>
>> It looks like a nice board.
>>
>> JPS
>>

> Right, I'm already waiting about this 20 seconds before reinit and
> restart. But, nothing happened.
>
> This is why I'm thinking I've missing something before go to "auto"
> mode, because it nothing happening in this mode. No bip, no information
> on screen, can't get BIOS menu. And all are ok with FSB force to 100MHz.
>

> Christian.

Hi all,

Maybe Easy Tune 4 can help me?

Thanks,
Christian.

Ian

NoSpamCity wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for newbie question.
>
> I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>
> All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
> but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>
> When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
> no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>
> I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
> Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
> Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>
> What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>

> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Christian.
>

> PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.

I have one of these boards with a 2600+ CPU. I have given your problem a
lot of thought and am concluding that you may have faulty hardware. My
system is set with JP1 on Auto and it responds with an FSB of 166 (actually
167!) Mhz, which is correct for a 333 FSB CPU, which applies to yours too.
The multiplier has been automatically set at 11.5. Are you sure that
everything else in your BIOS is at the default setting?

"Christian Renaudineau"
<christian-INVALIDE@renaudineau-ENLEVERMOI-.name.ceciestfaux> wrote in
message news:4265426f$0$9496$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> NoSpamCity a écrit :
>> jpsga a écrit :
>>
>>> "NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message

B4 going in Auto mode make sure all relevant settings in the bios are set to
Auto/Enabled as well.
Especially Host Clock Control must be disabled to be able to auto set the
CPU. If nothing helps pull the battery for a few minutes.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0516-2, 19/04/2005
Tested on: 20/04/2005 8:35:08 AM

NoSpamCity a écrit :
> jpsga a écrit :
>
>> "NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Sorry for newbie question.
>>>
>>> I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>>>
>>> All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
>>> but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>>>
>>> When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
>>> no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>>>
>>> I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
>>> Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
>>> Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>>>
>>> What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>>>

>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,
>>> Christian.
>>>

>>> PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.
>>

>> Well Christian, I don't own this board and hope someone that does
>> reads and responds.
>> I was very curious about the fact that it will not allow you into the
>> BIOS with the SW1 jumper removed.
>> After down loading the manual, I found that cryptic NOTE on page 33.
>> My efforts to translate the note into English failed,
>> Maybe he is telling us to stare at the blank screen for 20 or 30
>> seconds. If the time out fairy has not initiated a reboot by that
>> time, then hit the reset button and it should let you into the BIOS
>> with the host clock at 133mHz.
>> Better yet, maybe you understand the NOTE,
>>
>> It looks like a nice board.
>>
>> JPS
>>

> Right, I'm already waiting about this 20 seconds before reinit and
> restart. But, nothing happened.
>
> This is why I'm thinking I've missing something before go to "auto"
> mode, because it nothing happening in this mode. No bip, no information
> on screen, can't get BIOS menu. And all are ok with FSB force to 100MHz.
>

> Christian.
Thanks all for this ideas.

I'm trying next week: check all default values, and if it is not ok,
I'm resetting BIOS by removing my battery.

I'll back to say you results.

Christian.

Christian Renaudineau a écrit :
> NoSpamCity a écrit :
>
>> jpsga a écrit :
>>
>>> "NoSpamCity" <nospam@spamcity.net> wrote in message

>>> Well Christian, I don't own this board and hope someone that does
>>> reads and responds.
>>> I was very curious about the fact that it will not allow you into the
>>> BIOS with the SW1 jumper removed.
>>> After down loading the manual, I found that cryptic NOTE on page 33.
>>> My efforts to translate the note into English failed,
>>> Maybe he is telling us to stare at the blank screen for 20 or 30
>>> seconds. If the time out fairy has not initiated a reboot by that
>>> time, then hit the reset button and it should let you into the BIOS
>>> with the host clock at 133mHz.
>>> Better yet, maybe you understand the NOTE,
>>>
>>> It looks like a nice board.
>>>
>>> JPS
>>>

>> Right, I'm already waiting about this 20 seconds before reinit and
>> restart. But, nothing happened.
>>
>> This is why I'm thinking I've missing something before go to "auto"
>> mode, because it nothing happening in this mode. No bip, no information
>> on screen, can't get BIOS menu. And all are ok with FSB force to 100MHz.
>>

>> Christian.
>
> Thanks all for this ideas.
>
> I'm trying next week: check all default values, and if it is not ok,
> I'm resetting BIOS by removing my battery.
>
> I'll back to say you results.
>
> Christian.

Hi all,

I'm checked all default values, but I've always have problem: can't run
at max speed.

Next step, later: remove CMOS battery for reinit.

I've another problem: when I shutdown PC, maybe I can boot, maybe I
can't. Then, I turn off PC, and I turn on, and after some cycles, PC
boot and was ok. I didn't understanding why.

Is that problem come with my two hard disk drive? One SATA drive,
and one IDE? My OS (WinXP Pro SP2) is on SATA drive, and for setup
it on C: drive, I've disabled IDE drive in BIOS features
(but it still visible in OS under D: letter). Otherwise, my OS
already want to setup on my IDE drive, not SATA drive.

Does my problem relating to this setup?

Regards,
Christian.

Ian a écrit :
> NoSpamCity wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Sorry for newbie question.
>>
>>I have a GA-7VT600P-RZ witch Athlon XP 2800+ and 1GB of RAM.
>>
>>All run ok when I keep sw1 on default mode (FSB at 100MHz),
>>but my PC work at 1.5GHz instead of 2.8GHz.
>>
>>When I remove sw1 (auto mode), I have a dark screen, with
>>no beep at all, and I can't access to BIOS setup.
>>
>>I have keep my BIOS to default values, ie:
>>Enabled Enable clock spread spectrum.(Default value)
>>Disable Disable CPU Host Clock Control.(Default value)
>>
>>What's wrong in my setup? Any idea about identify my problems?
>>

>>Thanks.
>>Regards,
>>Christian.
>>

>>PS1: SW1 is JP1 switch on motherboard.
>

> I have one of these boards with a 2600+ CPU. I have given your problem a
> lot of thought and am concluding that you may have faulty hardware. My
> system is set with JP1 on Auto and it responds with an FSB of 166 (actually
> 167!) Mhz, which is correct for a 333 FSB CPU, which applies to yours too.
> The multiplier has been automatically set at 11.5. Are you sure that
> everything else in your BIOS is at the default setting?

Hi all,

Well done!

I've clear my CMOS, then reboot with failsafe defaults and reconfigure
my BIOS. And all it's ok, my board run at 2800.

May be it is my two HDD make trouble: for install XP on my SATA
drive at C: (and not D:), I've disable my IDE drive in BIOS.
Perhaps it is this thing will wrong?

Now, I've my two HDD activated in BIOS, and all it is ok.

Many thanks for your advices!

Regards,
Christian.