Intel 10/100 lan driver

I recently enabled the onbard LAN port of my GA-8IEXP, installed
the LAN driver from the distribution CD, and installed a DSL
connection. The Intel 10/100 LAN driver on the distribution CD is
rev 6.1.3.0 from February 2002, whereas the latest version is
7.0.26 on the Giga-byte Web site. Is there a significant advantage
to the newer version? If so, is there anything special I should do
to install it over the earlier version? I am running Windows XP
Home SP1 with all of the updates before February 2005.

Russell May
1 answer Last reply
More about intel driver

    Russell May wrote:
    > I recently enabled the onbard LAN port of my GA-8IEXP, installed
    > the LAN driver from the distribution CD, and installed a DSL
    > connection. The Intel 10/100 LAN driver on the distribution CD is
    > rev 6.1.3.0 from February 2002, whereas the latest version is
    > 7.0.26 on the Giga-byte Web site. Is there a significant advantage
    > to the newer version? If so, is there anything special I should do
    > to install it over the earlier version? I am running Windows XP
    > Home SP1 with all of the updates before February 2005.
    >
    > Russell May

    To the best of my knowledge the Inter driver runs from a setup file and will
    overwrite an older version successfully. I am surprised that Windows Update
    hasn't already offered you a newer driver than the one you have.

Gigabyte CD-Rom Distribution LAN Intel Motherboards