Failure of GA7N400Pro2 and GA7VA incl. cpu - PNY videocard..

I have had a second complete failure of mainboard and cpu. The first time it
was a Gigabyte GA7N400Pro2 with Athlon XP2700, the second time a Gigabyte
GA7VA with Athlon XP2200. In neither case did the psu fail, the RAM was OK
afterwards, and so was the hard drive, CDRW, FDD - and even the PNY GF
Ti4600 video card. When I built up the second machine I swapped the psu, but
re-used the other components. I can't see what can fail a mainboard or cpu
in the CDRW, FDD or hard drive, so I'm left with the video card as the
culprit.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Eddie B.

I had the pro2 go bad on me. It worked great for about 2 weeks. Plugged my
digital camera into the USB port and it locked up. Made the mistake of
turning the PSU off then back on. It never booted again. RMA'd the board.
Installed everything back in except the ram. Changed from Kingston to
Corsair. Been running for about 2 months. Had all kinds of instability
problems before I changed the ram. Seems to be fine now. The cas is a little
lower with the Corsair.When this happened nothing went bad except the board.