Is this normal

My computer makes sound everytime i use it . The sound sounds like the
harddrive is being used intensively. I know that the fan blowing is normal,
but is this sound that i described normal.
--
kENNY

Might be disk thrashing how much ram do you have.

"kehinde elemuren" <kehindeelemuren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:590EF028-CC99-448D-845F-FF3C671C9BBC@microsoft.com...
> My computer makes sound everytime i use it . The sound sounds like the
> harddrive is being used intensively. I know that the fan blowing is
normal,
> but is this sound that i described normal.
> --
> kENNY

If its a griding sound, your HD is probably crashing,
back up your info ASAP.

What program are you using when the HD activity is going
on? As stated in the previous post, you might need more
memory to reduce the HD usage.

Use your computer as usual then go to Task Manager, and
click on Performance. Look down at the lower left hand
corner for Peak under Commit Charge. If that value is
higher than the amount of ram in your system, you could
benefit from more ram.