Not reading floppy drive

I recently installed Windows XP home with the SP2 pack. Ever since then my
floppy drive does not read the disks that I put in it. I have removed the
disk and drivers and re-installed them. The O/S is reconising that I have a
floppy drive but still no success. I have installed another floppy drive and
still the same problem. Also the green light is always on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sandman

try changing the cable to the drive and make certain it is hooked-up
correctly, meaning, it may be possible to connect it to the drive, upside
down. I have heard people say they have done this..

"Rob Stent" <robertstent@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message
> I recently installed Windows XP home with the SP2 pack. Ever since then my
> floppy drive does not read the disks that I put in it. I have removed the
> disk and drivers and re-installed them. The O/S is reconising that I have
> floppy drive but still no success. I have installed another floppy drive
and
> still the same problem. Also the green light is always on.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Mistake #1...

Windows XP Home Edition
(Get Professional)

Mistake #2...

Service Pack 2
(A complete nightmare and disaster)

I would recommend installing XP Pro fresh, with Service
Pack 1 and all the latest hotfixes, avoid SP2 and Home
Edition.

Thomas