Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard too hot???

I just bought the GA-K8NF-9 last week, and I decided to run some benchmarks
on it. I used SiSoft Sandra to do a Perfomance Tune-up test, and I noticed
that my motherboard is running at 72 degrees celsius. The CPU is hovering
around 40-45 degrees celsius which should be ok.

I was just wondering what the temperature of everyone elses motherboard is.
72 degrees seems kinda high, and I might need some ideas to help cool my
motherboard down. I was thinkin of putting a 3rd party HSF on the
motherboard to replace the existing heatsink.

Anyway, some feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
WG.

"Weirdly Gruesome" <weirdg@telus.net> wrote in message
>I just bought the GA-K8NF-9 last week, and I decided to run some benchmarks
>on it. I used SiSoft Sandra to do a Perfomance Tune-up test, and I noticed
>that my motherboard is running at 72 degrees celsius. The CPU is hovering
>around 40-45 degrees celsius which should be ok.
>
> I was just wondering what the temperature of everyone elses motherboard
> is. 72 degrees seems kinda high, and I might need some ideas to help cool
> my motherboard down. I was thinkin of putting a 3rd party HSF on the
> motherboard to replace the existing heatsink.
>
> Anyway, some feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> WG.

Sandra is just reporting what it thinks the mobo sensor is saying, I don't
think the mobo sensor is even near the NF4 chip. But if you have the passive
cooling option then 72 deg. might be normal.

The useless program gigabyte gives you on the driver disk is more accurate -
but that's it's only use.

My CPU idles at 28 deg. but that's with cool'n'quiet.

I can't get cool 'n' quiet to work cuz i'm using WinXP Pro x64. I'm gonna
have to wait a bit until AMD releases an update for WinXP Pro x64.

>I can't get cool 'n' quiet to work cuz i'm using WinXP Pro x64. I'm gonna
>have to wait a bit until AMD releases an update for WinXP Pro x64.
>

> "RM" <n_simply@hottermail.com> wrote in message
>> "Weirdly Gruesome" <weirdg@telus.net> wrote in message
>>>I just bought the GA-K8NF-9 last week, and I decided to run some
>>>benchmarks on it. I used SiSoft Sandra to do a Perfomance Tune-up test,
>>>and I noticed that my motherboard is running at 72 degrees celsius. The
>>>CPU is hovering around 40-45 degrees celsius which should be ok.
>>>
>>> I was just wondering what the temperature of everyone elses motherboard
>>> is. 72 degrees seems kinda high, and I might need some ideas to help
>>> cool my motherboard down. I was thinkin of putting a 3rd party HSF on
>>> the motherboard to replace the existing heatsink.
>>>
>>> Anyway, some feedback would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> WG.
>>>

>> Sandra is just reporting what it thinks the mobo sensor is saying, I
>> don't think the mobo sensor is even near the NF4 chip. But if you have
>> the passive cooling option then 72 deg. might be normal.
>>
>> The useless program gigabyte gives you on the driver disk is more
>> accurate - but that's it's only use.
>>
>> My CPU idles at 28 deg. but that's with cool'n'quiet.

It's works just fine in my x64 Pro, make sure you've changed power setting
to something other than always on or desktop PC.