Big problem with 7N400Pro2 rev2 and Athlon XP-M

Visual

Distinguished
May 7, 2002

Hi, I just changed my barton 2500+ with a barton Mobile 2600+
tested to run @ 200x11, but my board only boots up @100Mhz fsb
and there's no way to change it!
If i try setting a different fsb in the bios the board won't boot at all.
Besides this, i don't see any multiplier change option in the bios
(not even pressing CTRL+F1) and there's no chance to adjust
the vcore: it remains that of normal barton (1,65).
I have 2x512 Twinmos pc3200 running fine.
Please help! I changed the cpu to achieve better performances
and now i run @600mhz :((((
TIA

per rispondere in mail togli il nome del fiume

"Visual" <visualdanubio@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just changed my barton 2500+ with a barton Mobile 2600+
> tested to run @ 200x11, but my board only boots up @100Mhz fsb
> and there's no way to change it!
> If i try setting a different fsb in the bios the board won't boot at all.
> Besides this, i don't see any multiplier change option in the bios
> (not even pressing CTRL+F1) and there's no chance to adjust
> the vcore: it remains that of normal barton (1,65).
> I have 2x512 Twinmos pc3200 running fine.
> Please help! I changed the cpu to achieve better performances
> and now i run @600mhz :((((
> TIA

Where is SW-1 set?
What multiplyer did settings did you use?
Did you clear the Bios when installing a different processor?
JPS

"jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Where is SW-1 set?

What's SW-1? do you mean CLK_SW? it's set to auto.
The other position equals to 100Mhz, i even tried this one but nothing changes.

> What multiplyer did settings did you use?

First (with my previous barton 2500) it was set to auto, this way the
new xp-m boots at 600mhz. Now i set it to 11x, and i achieved a 1100
Mhz cpu speed (fsb is always 100x2 :( )

> Did you clear the Bios when installing a different processor?

Err.. no! I just loaded default settings. Do you think this could be
the reason?
....going to try...
Thanks!

> "jpsga" <jpsga@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Where is SW-1 set?
>
> What's SW-1? do you mean CLK_SW? it's set to auto.
> The other position equals to 100Mhz, i even tried this one but nothing
> changes.
>
>> What multiplyer did settings did you use?
>
> First (with my previous barton 2500) it was set to auto, this way the
> new xp-m boots at 600mhz. Now i set it to 11x, and i achieved a 1100
> Mhz cpu speed (fsb is always 100x2 :( )
>
>> Did you clear the Bios when installing a different processor?
>
> Err.. no! I just loaded default settings. Do you think this could be
> the reason?
> ...going to try...
> Thanks!

Yes, you are right it is CLK_SW. Sounds like that is all ok.
In "Advanced Chipset Features" set the FSB to 166 mHz or what ever ½ of the
max. CPU FSB frequency is.

> In "Advanced Chipset Features" set the FSB to 166 mHz or what ever ½ of the
> max. CPU FSB frequency is.

Whatever FSB speed i set in Advanced Chipset feature, the board
won't boot at all.
Then i re-boot and it's always locked to 100Mhz.
Don't know what to do... :-/

Ian

Visual wrote:
> Hi, I just changed my barton 2500+ with a barton Mobile 2600+
> tested to run @ 200x11, but my board only boots up @100Mhz fsb
> and there's no way to change it!
> If i try setting a different fsb in the bios the board won't boot at
> all. Besides this, i don't see any multiplier change option in the
> bios (not even pressing CTRL+F1) and there's no chance to adjust
> the vcore: it remains that of normal barton (1,65).
> I have 2x512 Twinmos pc3200 running fine.
> Please help! I changed the cpu to achieve better performances
> and now i run @600mhz :((((
> TIA

Try BIOS FK.
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Rev%202.x).htm

You do know that XP-Mobile support is not guaranteed by Gigabyte, right?
Since the 2500+ that you had and the 2600 you are trying to use both require
the same FSB, I have an awful suspicion that the 2600 Mobile is not
compatible with your board - else the board would recognise the FSB. Still,
try the latest BIOS (above) if you haven't already.