Gaurav

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

gaurav wrote:
i have a laptop zepto znote 4200. i recently connected it to my pc
via usb cable. when removing the cable i safely removed it from my pc
first and then unplugged it. and then i got a white screen on the
laptop that wudnt go. i had to cold reboot. after rebooting whenever
i connect any usb device to my laptop it says bandwidth exceeded
press reset to reset the usb port or press close to close this
window.......if you press close you will not be able to use the usb
port. even after resetting i got this error whenever i connected and
usb device. so in the end i tried pressing close. and since then i
havnt been able to use any of my 3 usb ports. now it doesnt even
detect when i plug in a device. i alredy went into the device manager
and checked the ports and the hub .........it says they are working
fine. i even tried reinstalling the drivers but to no avail. pls
help!!--
gaurav

You can/should not use a Standard USB cable to connect 2 PCs, be them
Laptops or standard PCs. You need to use a special inter-connect USB cable.

You now may have phyically blown the USB controller ports/chip and you may
have to replace the USB system in your PC.