Question - 207666
From : Richard Dower [ richarddower@hotmail.com ]
Sent : 2005/4/23 03:48
Question : Hi there, i have placed an order from
www.overclockers.co.uk for a new AMD processor. It's the new Venice Athlon
64, E3, SSE3, 3800+.

My concern is BIOS support for this CPU with my motherboard, i've got
an Gigabyte GA-8KNXP-9 nForce4 Ultra motherboard with F5i BIOS.

Thus i was wondering if Gigabyte had any further BIOS updates for the
motherboard available that will support this new CPU?

Any help or new BIOS file would be appreciated, Richard.

Model Name : GA-K8NXP-9
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F5i
Serial No. : SN0453000388
Purchase Dealer : www.overclockers.co.uk
VGA Brand : Leatek Model : PCX6800GT
CPU Brand : AMD Model : Fx-53 Speed : 2400MHz
Operation System : Win XP SP : 2
Memory Brand : Corsair Type : DDR
Memory Size : 1024MB Speed : 400Mhz
Power Supply : Antec 550 W

I can't say I sympathise. You appear to have bought a recent release state
of the art CPU without checking your mobo supported it first.
I bought an AMD64 4000 in Jan but checked with all my mobo shortlist that
they stated direct support before I bought either component.

"Paul H" <mglj96Ihatespam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I can't say I sympathise. You appear to have bought a recent release state
>of the art CPU without checking your mobo supported it first.
> I bought an AMD64 4000 in Jan but checked with all my mobo shortlist that
> they stated direct support before I bought either component.

Did you not read?...Asus and others have already added support. Gigabyte are
the problem and are dragging there heals on this.